- Trump budget slashes money of clean air and water programs
- Ben Franklin’s cracked gravestone repaired in Philadelphia
- Trump pushes for Mideast peace, but avoids thorny details
- Spacewalking astronauts tackle urgent repairs to International Space Station
- Texas bathroom bill could expose secrets of transgender kids
- Science Says: Medications prevent opioid addiction relapse
- Trump and Russia: The lucrative Ukraine years of Paul Manafort
- After 9 months in space, mouse sperm yield healthy mice
- Clarksville: Spokane’s Madison Kerr rowing for national college championship
- 100 years ago in Spokane: At Sacred Heart graduation, doctor encourages new nurses to join war effort
- At staged house party in Coeur d’Alene, cops ask teens, ‘You been drinking?’
- Flushing of contaminated water in Airway Heights could take until Thursday or later
AM Scanner Traffic — 5.23.17
8:59 a.m. Unconscious Person -- 8400 block of Sunny Lane/Hayden. 8:45 a.m. Vehicle-v-Pedestrian (8:39 item) -- Student limping in school office. 8:39 a.m. Vehicle-v-Pedestrian -- Female student hit by vehicle ...
Pend Oreille’s trophy trout deserve special treatment
FISHING -- Anglers who put in the time during spring can occasionally catch-and-release massive Lake Pend Oreille Gerrard rainbows on their spawning runs in the Clark Fork River and Lightning ...
Sixth graders, drunk with power
Whenever I encounter the expression "drunk with power," two occupations come to mind: Church ushers and crossing guards. I have been both, so I know a little about this. We ...
Davis: Senate leaders now have no reason to intervene in grocery tax case, with Senate-House issue off the table
Senate Majority Leader Bart Davis, R-Idaho Falls, says the Senate leadership won’t be offering arguments on the validity of Gov. Butch Otter’s veto of the grocery tax repeal bill, now ...