Most read right now
UPDATED: Mon., Feb. 19, 2018, 10:42 a.m.
- Gonzaga’s collection of bruises, difference-making plays keeps growing
- Analysis: Gonzaga sends trio of seniors off with gritty win over Pepperdine in home finale
- John Blanchette: Pepperdine coach Marty Wilson among many to say goodbye to The Kennel
- Gonzaga’s Brian Pete makes the most of his shot in start on Senior Night
- TV Take: Gonzaga outlasts opportunistic Pepperdine squad, avoids another Senior Night letdown
UPDATED: Fri., Feb. 16, 2018, 10:47 p.m.
- Source: Washington State strength and conditioning coach Jason Loscalzo to join Chicago Bears
- Report: Nevada’s Mason Miller hired as Washington State offensive line coach
- Washington State to hold 15 spring practices, April 21 Crimson and Gray game
- Washington State fills in remaining gaps, adding four more on National Signing Day
- Washington State offensive line coach Clay McGuire accepts position at Texas Tech
UPDATED: Sat., Feb. 17, 2018, 5:31 p.m.
- Gonzaga women head to Pepperdine for final road test of regular season
- Gonzaga women claim another West Coast Conference basketball title
- Gonzaga women look to rebound after first WCC loss
- Love of the game: Gonzaga’s Lisa, Craig Fortier among several coaching couples who work side-by-side
- Gonzaga women clinch share of WCC title despite disheartening loss
UPDATED: Sun., Feb. 18, 2018, 10:40 p.m.
- State wrestling: Mt. Spokane claims 3A team title, Mead finishes second in 4A
- State wrestling: Freeman’s Logan Holt tops teammate for title; Deer Park walks away with 1A team championship
- Idaho state girls: Post Falls topples unbeaten Eagle to claim fifth state title
- Boys basketball: West Valley qualifies for regionals with crossover win
- Girls basketball: West Valley eliminated by Prosser in 2A crossover game
UPDATED: Sun., Feb. 18, 2018, 10 p.m.
UPDATED: Sun., Feb. 18, 2018, 7:57 p.m.
- Kailer Yamamoto’s late goal lifts Chiefs to victory
- Spokane Chiefs rally but come up short in 3-2 loss to Everett Silvertips
- Jaret Anderson-Dolan’s hat trick guides Spokane Chiefs past Tri-City Americans
- Dawson Weatherill helps Spokane Chiefs turn back Kamloops
- Kailer Yamamoto, Jaret Anderson-Dolan power Chiefs past Kootenay
Mon., Feb. 19, 2018, 9:51 p.m.
- Tessa Virtue, Scott Moir of Canada win ice dance for third career Olympic gold medal
- Canadian Cassie Sharpe’s halfpipe victory reminiscent of pioneering Sarah Burke
- One Spokanite’s trip to the Winter Olympics
- U.S. women’s hockey team blanks Finland, will play for gold medal
- As North Korean athletes struggle, Kim Jong Un dreams of Olympic glory
UPDATED: Sun., Feb. 18, 2018, 11 a.m.
- Slump-breaker: Washington State gets tough in 73-69 Pac-12 win over Colorado
- Washington State’s goals ‘evolving’ as Cougars head into final six Pac-12 games
- Without Robert Franks, Washington State offense finds new low in 84-57 loss to Oregon
- WSU men, without injured Franks, lose to Oregon 84-57
- Coming off 32-point loss, Washington State takes six-game skid, depleted roster to Eugene
Mon., Feb. 19, 2018, 10 a.m.
- Eastern Washington defeats Montana State behind Bogdan Bliznyuk’s near triple-double
- Eastern Washington hands Montana first loss of Big Sky season
- Sir Washington has made huge strides on, off the court for Eastern Washington basketball
- Eastern Washington basketball seeks statement win against conference-leading Montana
- Vandals edge Eagles after wild final minute
UPDATED: Sat., Feb. 17, 2018, 11:07 p.m.
Sat., Feb. 17, 2018, 8:54 p.m.
- Huskies fade in second half as Utah finishes season sweep
- Huskies fall to Beavers in 2OT, lose both games in Oregon trip
- The Washington Post’s John Feinstein on UW hoops coach Mike Hopkins
- Washington Huskies fall flat against Oregon, lose 65-40
- Matt Calkins: After recent showings, the Pac-12 men’s basketball title is within Washington’s reach
UPDATED: Sat., Feb. 17, 2018, 9:12 p.m.
- Whitworth gets to relax, defeats Linfield 86-75
- Plenty at stake for Whitworth basketball in weekend homestand against Linfield, Willamette
- Top-ranked Whitman edges No. 4 Whitworth with two late free throws
- Whitworth’s Jared Christy finds that home is where the hoops are
- Whitworth basketball: Pirates men, women sweep past Pacific on the road
UPDATED: Tue., Feb. 20, 2018, 10:10 a.m.
- Top 25 capsules: Devonte Graham leads No. 8 Kansas to 104-74 rout of Oklahoma
- How we voted: Bearcats, Buckeyes lose ground with Week 16 setbacks
- Top 25 capsules: No. 22 Michigan beats Ohio State, helps Michigan State
- Top 25 Capsules: No. 2 Michigan State rallies past Northwestern 65-60
- Top 25 men: St. Bonaventure upsets No. 16 Rhode Island
Mon., Feb. 19, 2018, 10:18 p.m.
- Women’s Top 25 capsules: No. 2 Mississippi State wraps up SEC regular-season title
- Women’s Top 25 Capsules: Kristy Wallace, No. 3 Baylor rout Kansas
- Top 25 capsules: Mississippi State earns share of first SEC title
- Women’s Top 25 Capsules: Brooke McCarty, Joyner Holmes lead No. 6 Texas past Texas Tech 87-72
- Women’s Top 25 Capsules: Kalani Brown, Dekeiya Cohen lead No. 3 Baylor to blowout over Okla. St.
Eastern Washington interim AD Lynn Hickey is off and running, though not necessarily running for the permanent position
UPDATED: Tue., Feb. 13, 2018, 6:36 p.m.
- Southern Oregon’s Matt Sayre offers intriguing choice for Eastern Washington AD
- Eastern Washington football signing class looking better with each day
- Eastern Washington recruiting haul bigger than expected
- Meridian High quarterback Simon Burkett among dynamic offensive recruiting class for Eastern Washington football
- Eastern Washington initiates the search for a new athletic director
UPDATED: Wed., Feb. 7, 2018, 6:47 p.m.
- Sandpoint High, University of Idaho standout Jerry Kramer elected to Pro Football Hall of Fame
- College football title pits rich vs. richer. Idaho Vandals won’t play that game.
- Vandals sign 12 players, including five offensive linemen
- After 22 seasons of ups and downs, Idaho football is headed back to the Big Sky
- Idaho lands three football players on All-Sun Belt Conference first team
Washington Huskies close National Signing Day on a disappointing note, still finish with top-tier class
UPDATED: Wed., Feb. 7, 2018, 5:53 p.m.
- Washington’s heralded recruiting class reminiscent of ’88 group featuring Steve Emtman
- Jimmy Lake to call defensive plays for Huskies next season
- RB Myles Gaskin returning to Washington for senior season
- Looking back on the Washington Huskies’ top 10 moments for 2017
- Sources: Georgia QB Jacob Eason, the former Lake Stevens star, expected to transfer to UW
Sun., Feb. 18, 2018, 7:14 p.m.
- Area roundup: Hot-shooting Community Colleges of Spokane men storm past North Idaho
- Locally: Lake City’s Vanessa Shippy shines at Oklahoma State
- Area roundup: Gonzaga baseball can’t hold big lead in season opener
- Vandals, Eagles pick up road wins in Big Sky women’s basketball
- North Idaho men lose chance to take over first place alone
Friday roster deadline passes and Kam Chancellor remains with Seahawks, guaranteed $6.8 million for 2018
Fri., Feb. 9, 2018, 5:50 p.m.
- Father of Seahawks player Frank Clark dies in fire
- Duane Brown added to NFC Pro Bowl roster, tying Seahawks’ franchise record with seven players named to the game
- Seahawks part ways with defensive assistant Travis Jones
- Brian Schottenheimer is an intense but well-respected coordinator
- Seahawks announce hires of Brian Schottenheimer, Ken Norton Jr.
Tue., Feb. 20, 2018, 10:50 a.m.
Tue., Feb. 13, 2018, 12:39 p.m.
- Sounders trade defender Oniel Fisher to D.C.
- Sounders sign Norwegian midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem
- Sounders select Alex Roldan, younger brother of Cristian Roldan, in first round of MLS SuperDraft
- 2018 MLS Schedule: Sounders, Toronto FC rematch set for May 9
- Sounders acquire defender Waylon Francis from Columbus
Wed., Feb. 14, 2018, 3:34 p.m.
UPDATED: Mon., Feb. 19, 2018, 8:27 p.m.
- James Paxton aims for repeat performance, only longer
- Will Mariners have a ‘different’ Felix Hernandez from the past two injury-plagued seasons?
- Mariners’ Ryon Healy has hand surgery, out 4-6 weeks
- Mariners open spring training with news of Ryon Healy’s hand injury
- Mariners go silent in buyer’s market for pitching
Mon., Feb. 19, 2018, 4:21 p.m.
- Eric Hosmer and San Diego Padres finalize $144 million, 8-year deal
- His heart in Florida, Anthony Rizzo rejoins Cubs after mournful trip
- Mets GM says, yes, he thinks Tim Tebow will play in majors
- Royals scout kicked out as unusual free-agent camp opens
- Shohei Ohtani reports to Angels with physical, swings and long toss
Tue., Feb. 20, 2018, 12:03 p.m.
- Auburn releases Gus Malzahn’s new 7-year, $49 million contract
- Richmond’s Kyle Lauletta goes from FCS to Senior Bowl star
- Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, Bryce Love among 7 Lombardi finalists
- Rashaan Salaam’s Heisman sells for nearly $400,000; mom believes it was stolen
- Alabama team, fans celebrate especially difficult title run
Tue., Feb. 20, 2018, 10:16 a.m.
- LeBron James wins All-Star Game MVP after topping Team Stephen, 148-145, in competitive matchup
- Little change in TV ratings for new-look NBA All-Star Game
- Donovan Mitchell soars to dunk title, Devin Booker sets 3-point record
- NBA capsules: Nuggets make 24 3-pointers, beat Bucks 134-123
- NBA Capsules: James Harden, Rockets win 10th straight, topping Kings
Mon., Feb. 19, 2018, 10:20 p.m.
- NHL capsules: Connor McDavid has hat trick, Oilers top Avalanche 4-2
- Capitals forward calls fans racial taunts ‘disgusting’
- NHL Capsules: Blackhawks rout Capitals 7-1 to end 8-game losing streak
- NHL capsules: Thomas Greiss makes 45 saves, N.Y. Islanders beat Carolina Hurricanes 3-0
- NHL capsules: Penguins beat Kings 3-1 for 10th straight home win
UPDATED: Sun., Feb. 18, 2018, 8:12 p.m.
- Wallace in 2nd: Best Daytona 500 finish for black driver
- No fairy-tale ending for Danica Patrick at Daytona 500
- Tyler Reddick needs 5 overtimes to win Xfinity race at Daytona
- Bubba Wallace tops Daytona 500 speed chart in final practice
- First at last: Dale Earnhardt’s lone 500 victory still resonates
Sun., Feb. 18, 2018, 5:33 p.m.
Sun., Feb. 18, 2018, 10:07 p.m.
Mon., Feb. 19, 2018, 6:19 p.m.
- Gonzaga baseball falls just short of No. 2 Oregon State
- Area roundup: Gonzaga baseball can’t hold big lead in season opener
- Gonzaga selected fourth by coaches in West Coast Conference baseball poll
- Former Gonzaga star Marco Gonzales returns to Spokane with Mariners caravan
- Ex-Gonzaga players know time doesn’t change what it means to be a Zag
UPDATED: Wed., Jan. 24, 2018, 4:37 p.m.
- Former Padres, Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers dies of cancer
- ‘Moose’ Stubing, Spokane Indians’ last Triple-A manager, dies at 79
- Former Spokane Indians manager Rob Picciolo dies at 64
- Former Spokane Indian Carlos Beltran retires after winning first World Series title
- Former Spokane Indians pitcher Chuck Churn dies
Tue., Feb. 20, 2018, 8:27 a.m.
- Couch Slouch: Olympics has turned Orwellian
- Grip on Sports: It seems like a good day to dive for the loose ball
- Grip on Sports: It may be cold outside, but watching sports is nice way to stay warm
- Grip on Sports: It was a night of wins, wins and more wins for the Inland Northwest's college basketball teams
- Grip on Sports: It's time for a late-season push for local colleges
Feb. 9, 2018
- <bound method Video.title of <Video: Highlights: (14) Gonzaga 68, BYU 60>>
- <bound method Video.title of <Video: Delaney Hodgins sets Eastern Washington’s career scoring mark>>
- <bound method Video.title of <Video: Spokane's Bryan Braman on Super Bowl-bound Eagles>>
- <bound method Video.title of <Video: Highlights: (14) Gonzaga 69, San Diego 59>>
- <bound method Video.title of <Video: Highlights: (15) Gonzaga 82, San Francisco 73>>
Now: Tue., Feb. 20, 2018, 12:58 p.m. | Search