More galleries »
UPDATED: Fri., Sept. 21, 2018, 7:06 p.m.
- The pick: Why Washington State will beat USC
- Washington State seeking consecutive wins over USC for second time in program history
- Two-minute drill: Keys to victory for Washington State against USC
- Why Washington State keeps going back to Los Angeles’ Cathedral High
- Pac-12 picks: A smaller slate this weekend means a better chance for perfection
UPDATED: Thu., Sept. 20, 2018, 5:39 p.m.
- Gonzaga’s Rui Hachimura scores 25 points in Japan’s World Cup victory
- Former Gonzaga teammates Kelly Olynyk and Kevin Pangos lead Canada past Brazil
- Gonzaga’s Rui Hachimura, former Zag Ira Brown spark Japan’s World Cup win
- Geno Crandall says on podcast he’ll enroll at Gonzaga in October
- Nine of Gonzaga’s 16 WCC games will be on ESPN networks
UPDATED: Tue., Sept. 11, 2018, 11:05 p.m.
- Eugene limits Spokane Indians to 4 hits, takes 2-0 lead in NWLCS
- Levi Jordan’s late homer lifts Eugene over Spokane Indians in Game 1 of NWLCS
- Spokane Indians, Eugene Emeralds produce surprising Northwest League championship matchup
- Chi Chi Gonzalez helps Spokane Indians earn spot in Northwest League championship series
- Big inning dooms Spokane Indians in Game 2 loss to Everett AquaSox in Northwest League division series
Thu., Sept. 20, 2018, 10:04 p.m.
- Morning prep roundup: Mead wins in GSL soccer
- Pick 6: Mt. Spokane tries to defend perfect record in trip to Central Valley
- Prep volleyball: Mt. Spokane looks to build on momentum from last year’s state third-place finish
- Prep cross country: Lewis and Clark boys work on goal to repeat as State 4A champions
- Girls soccer roundup: Kyah Le’s overtime goal gives Gonzaga Prep win over Lewis and Clark
Eastern Washington Hall of Fame inductees Jeff Ogden, Rick Worman laid the groundwork for Eagles’ high-octane offense
UPDATED: Thu., Sept. 20, 2018, 10:06 p.m.
- Eastern Washington football notebook: Running game still effective without standout Antoine Custer
- Eastern Washington notebook: Second-half momentum killed on a holding penalty in loss to Washington State
- Eastern Washington has proven to be a pest for Pac-12 foes
- Rewinding the tape: Cooper Kupp and others tell an oral history of the classic 2016 battle between Eastern Washington and Washington State
- Big Sky picks: Pac-12 foes loom for Eastern Washington, Idaho State, Southern Utah and UC Davis
UPDATED: Thu., Sept. 20, 2018, 10:46 p.m.
- No. 10 Washington shuts down Utah in 21-7 victory
- No. 10 Washington opens Pac-12 play against tough Utah team
- Washington safety Taylor Rapp has long been wreaking havoc in the secondary. Now he’s doing it in the backfield too
- No. 9 Washington wakes up late in 45-3 win over North Dakota
- No. 9 Washington hosts North Dakota as warmup for Pac-12 play
Sun., Sept. 9, 2018, 8 a.m.
- Idaho uses second-half surge to top Western New Mexico for first win of season
- Idaho football hopes to bounce back quickly against Western New Mexico
- Denzal Brantley, Jalen Hoover ‘quarterbacks of the defense’ for the Idaho Vandals
- Fresno State jumps on Idaho early, often in season-opening 79-13 rout
- Idaho hopes to keep Fresno State grounded, off-balance in opener
UPDATED: Sat., Sept. 15, 2018, 7:37 p.m.
- Whitworth closes out nonconference play with tough test against Chapman
- Whitworth wide receiver Garrett McKay turns after-hours work into on-field success
- Leif Ericksen takes over Whitworth offense in season-opening rout of La Verne
- New-look Whitworth welcomes La Verne to the Pine Bowl in season opener
- Casting call: Quarterback still a question mark for Whitworth team with high expectations
Fri., Sept. 21, 2018, 4:43 p.m.
- Huskers fill out schedule against Bethune-Cookman on Oct. 27
- AP Top 25: LSU jumps to No. 6; Wisconsin tumbles from top 10
- Pac-12 roundup: Sam Ehlinger’s 2 touchdown passes lead Texas over No. 22 USC 37-14
- Top 25 college football roundup: Squally Canada, BYU stun No. 6 Wisconsin
- Big Sky roundup: Freshman quarterback Tucker Rovig leads Montana State over Wagner
UPDATED: Wed., Sept. 19, 2018, 9:28 p.m.
- Marwin Gonzalez’s homer helps Astros down Mariners 7-0
- Daniel Vogelbach’s slam in eighth powers Seattle over Houston 4-1
- Angels upend Mariners on Kole Calhoun’s home run
- Out of Right Field: Where do the Seattle Mariners go from here?
- Mariners rally past Angels for 82nd victory, clinch winning season
UPDATED: Thu., Sept. 20, 2018, 6:23 p.m.
- Larry Stone: All Seahawks show in Monday night loss to Bears is the extent of their decline
- Seahawks fall to 0-2 with loss to Chicago Bears
- In 2012 at Soldier Field, Wilson started Seahawks on their rise in NFL
- With Mack off to good start, Bears try to rebound against Seattle
- Seahawks will be shorthanded for Monday’s game with Bears
Wed., Sept. 19, 2018, 10:23 p.m.
- Sounders win 9th straight, beating Whitecaps 2-1
- Casacadia Cup, 8-match win streak on line for Sounders in Vancouver
- Sounders win 8th straight, rallying to beat Sporting KC 3-1
- Sounders face history, stellar Sporting KC as they go for record eighth straight win
- Sounders beat Timbers 1-0 and extend win streak to 7 games
UPDATED: Thu., Sept. 20, 2018, 8:22 p.m.
- Spokane Chiefs take to fresh ice at Spokane Arena
- Ethan McIndoe, Jack Finley score twice apiece as Spokane Chiefs wrap up preseason with win
- Spokane Chiefs release 16-year-old goaltender Campbell Arnold from active roster
- Riley Woods’ hat trick guides Spokane Chiefs to Western Hockey League preseason win at Tri-City
- Seattle edges Spokane Chiefs in Western Hockey League preseason play
Thu., Sept. 20, 2018, 10:32 p.m.
- College volleyball: Community Colleges of Spokane wins, improves to 21-0
- College soccer: Whitworth women cruise past Whitman
- Women’s golf: Sophie Hausmann leads Idaho to fifth place at tournament in Colorado
- College volleyball: Idaho sweeps Eastern Washington in Big Sky Conference opener
- College golf: Co-medalists Kirsten Ishikawa, Alexa Clark guide Eastern Washington’s women to team title
Fri., Sept. 21, 2018, 5 a.m.
Fri., Sept. 21, 2018, 5:53 p.m.
- MLB roundup: Red Sox win 3rd straight A.L. East title, beating Yankees 11-6
- Derek Jeter: Don Mattingly expected to return in ‘19 as Miami Marlins manager
- Billie Jean King joins L.A. Dodgers ownership group
- Pirates pitcher Chad Kuhl has elbow surgery, out for 2019
- Burglars cause $10K in damage at Yasiel Puig’s home
Thu., Sept. 20, 2018, 9:37 p.m.
Fri., Sept. 21, 2018, 5:34 p.m.
- Tiger Woods returns to Tour Championship with share of lead
- Golf capsules: Angela Stanford wins Evian for first major title
- Amy Olson takes 2-shot lead after 3rd round of Evian major
- Scott McCarron shoots 63 for share of Warwick Hills lead
- Maria Torres, Carlota Ciganda lead Evian event, top-ranked Sung Hyun Park struggles
Thu., Sept. 20, 2018, 11:18 a.m.
- Auto racing roundup: Brad Keselowski wins NASCAR playoff opener, gets 500th win for Roger Penske
- Ross Chastain earns 1st Xfinity win, holding off Justin Allgaier
- Brad Keselowski wins Brickyard 400, makes it a Penske sweep at Indianapolis
- Final regular season NASCAR race postponed by rain at Indy
- Brad Keselowski’s late move in the pits wins Southern 500
Thu., Sept. 20, 2018, 10:27 a.m.
Thu., Sept. 20, 2018, 1:20 p.m.
Wed., Sept. 19, 2018, 10:08 a.m.
- U.S. rolls past Panama in basketball World Cup qualifying, 78-48
- Mayer sets decathlon WR after Kipchoge runs fastest marathon
- Close win means Alvarez and Golovkin could do it again
- Canelo Alvarez wins narrow decision for middleweight title
- On again? Floyd Mayweather says he and Manny Pacquiao will fight
Wed., Sept. 5, 2018, 5 a.m.
- Gonzaga women to open Vancouver Showcase against defending national champion Notre Dame
- Visit from Stanford highlights nonconference schedule for Gonzaga women’s basketball
- Change in West Coast Conference scheduling makes travel plans easier for Gonzaga women’s basketball
- Courtney Vandersloot has taken her game, leadership skills from Gonzaga to the WNBA
- Former Gonzaga guard Emma Stach signs professional contract in Germany
UPDATED: Tue., Aug. 28, 2018, 5 p.m.
- Washington State elevates Tim Marrion to assistant coach
- Washington State learns Pac-12 basketball pairings
- Ike Iroegbu becomes second ex-Washington State player to join German club Science City Jena
- Washington State to take part in pre-Christmas Continental Tire Las Vegas Classic
- Sacramento Kings add ex-Washington State guard Ike Iroegbu to Summer League roster
UPDATED: Wed., Sept. 19, 2018, 10:24 a.m.
- Mood electric as Seattle Storm, fans celebrate third WNBA title
- Larry Stone: Breanna Stewart is the MVP, but Sue Bird remains heart and soul of the Storm’s latest title-winning team
- Former Gonzaga guard Courtney Vandersloot selected to All-WNBA second team, Storm’s Breanna Stewart named to first team
- Breanna Stewart, Storm surge past Mystics 98-82 for WNBA title
- Breanna Stewart, Storm beat Mystics 75-73 for 2-0 series lead
Thu., Sept. 13, 2018, 3:19 p.m.
- Loyola celebrity nun Sister Jean celebrating 99th birthday
- Former Gonzaga walk-on Rem Bakamus back in game as Baylor graduate assistant
- UConn greats expect program to climb back to elite status
- Wake Forest places basketball assistant on leave after fatal punch
- NCAA adopts college basketball reforms for draft, recruiting
Sat., Sept. 15, 2018, 10:43 p.m.
Thu., Sept. 20, 2018, 5:19 p.m.
- Soccer: Zags women in scoreless draw while men lose 2-0
- Gonzaga volleyball drops final match at Arizona State’s Sparky Classic
- College cross country: Gonzaga’s James Mwaura, Washington State’s Emma Jenkins lead way at Cougar Classic
- Oral Roberts powers past Gonzaga in men’s soccer behind Dante Brigida’s hat trick
- Samantha Heilman picks up goal, assist as Gonzaga shuts out Colorado State in women’s soccer
Mon., July 30, 2018, 10:27 p.m.
- Big Sky goes back to 20-game conference basketball schedule
- Ex-Gonzaga guard Jordan Mathews works to stay in NBA after summer league with the Los Angeles Clippers
- Former Eastern Washington star Bogdan Bliznyuk signs with Israel club
- Former Eastern Washington sensation Jacob Wiley works hard to secure spot on Dallas Mavericks roster
- Former Eastern Washington star Jacob Wiley joins Dallas Mavericks’ NBA Summer League team
UPDATED: Thu., Sept. 13, 2018, 8:22 p.m.
- Idaho athletics trying to balance revenue shortfall, leadership uncertainty with new arena project on the horizon
- Former Idaho guard Victor Sanders will play professionally in Belgium
- Big Sky goes back to 20-game conference basketball schedule
- Jeff Ledbetter takes scenic route from Idaho Vandals to San Antonio Spurs’ Summer League team
- Former Idaho star Victor Sanders stays positive despite lack of playing time at summer league
Mon., March 19, 2018, 11:03 p.m.
- Washington men hold off Boise State in first round of NIT
- Washington Huskies land NIT invite, will host Boise State
- Oregon State defeats Washington in overtime in Pac-12 Tournament opener
- Washington’s Mike Hopkins wins Pac-12 Coach of the Year award
- Noah Dickerson helps Washington edge Oregon State 79-77
Tue., Sept. 18, 2018, 6 p.m.
- No. 19 Montana Grizzlies shut door on nonconference slate, open Big Sky play with Sacramento State
- Montana golf team makes breakthrough with 301 score
- Montana Grizzly volleyball wins league opener over Sacramento State
- Griz Q&A: UM's 'big, friendly giant' Colton Keintz takes center stage as starting right tackle
- Griz notebook: Turnovers prove costly, Flowers' kick return impresses, Hauck explains fourth-and-1 play
John Blanchette: Handing the ball to Marshawn Lynch in Super Bowl XLIX turns the Seahawks into an unstoppable dynasty – or he’s stopped short
Sun., Aug. 12, 2018, 5 a.m.
- Shawn Vestal: Looking at the great ‘what if’ had Evel Knievel landed the Snake River Canyon jump
- John Blanchette: Looking at the great ‘what if’ had the Spokane Indians remained a Triple-A team
- Jess Walter: Looking at the great ‘what if’ had the SuperSonics stayed in Seattle
- Ralph Walter: Magic of ‘What if’ keeps SuperSonics in Seattle, gives Gonzaga a football team
Grip on Sports: If WSU defeats USC for the second consecutive year and no one is in the stadium to see it, does it count?
Fri., Sept. 21, 2018, 8:53 a.m.
- Grip on Sports: It's no fantasy; the college football weekend around here starts on Friday night
- Grip on Sports: The hits just keep on coming in the Northwest these days
- Grip on Sports: The defense was fine in Chicago but the Seahawks' offense gave the game away
- Couch Slouch: Will football cease to exist down the road?
- Grip on Sports: Can Russell Wilson make this Monday night special?