updated Randy Howard’s a soldier and a survivor. He’s been shot in the head by a Vietnamese sniper. Bayoneted in the gut. Flesh ripped by grenade shrapnel. He went to Vietnam as an Army Airborne Ranger for 13 months in 1966 and 1967. He went home for five months and was called back, this time for the Tet Offensive in early 1968. It was the bayonet that got him discharged for good.
Links to top content
Most read right now
Top stories from the SR and around the world
UPDATED: Mon., July 24, 2017, 11:33 p.m.
Initiative calling for public vote on covering Spokane park Pavilion facing likely City Council opposition
UPDATED: Mon., July 24, 2017, 9:36 p.m.
- updated Fines for downtown Spokane coal, oil train traffic head to voters with promise of political fight
- Spokane police officers sprayed with bear mace while pursuing robbery suspect in East Central neighborhood
- new Campaign signs in Spokane Valley vandalized with obscene graffiti. Social media comments blame opponent.
- Pokemon Go raids bring Spokanites together
- updated Recipient of five Purple Hearts will help welcome pickup through Spokane on way to veteran in Texas
Mon., July 24, 2017, 10:23 p.m.