As the national debate rages about how to respond to last week’s school shooting in Florida, several organizations, baseball teams and a local Christian school are caught in the middle of the uproar caused by previously-planned raffles to sell the model of firearm used in a string of recent fatal shootings.
Links to top content
Most read right now
Yesterday's most read
- Florida police suspect boyfriend in killing of Spokane Valley native …
- The elegant life: Historic Coeur d’Alene home on market for $8 million …
- Gonzaga receives approval to build $48 million science building near campus lake …
- Purse snatchers drag woman by car 20 feet, breaking her pelvis, in Spokane Valley Walmart parking lot …
Top stories from the SR and around the world
Wed., Feb. 21, 2018, 11:07 a.m.
Wed., Feb. 21, 2018, 7:32 a.m.
Blake Shelton, Brantley Gilbert, Brad Paisley to headline 2018 Watershed Music Festival at the Gorge Amphitheatre
Wed., Feb. 21, 2018, 9:14 a.m.
Stevens County GOP, amid criticism from Democrats, pulls gun auction from event featuring Cathy McMorris Rodgers
UPDATED: Tue., Feb. 20, 2018, 10:28 p.m.
- Spokane-area schools prepare for student walkouts demanding stricter gun control
- McKinstry executive appointed to EWU’s board of trustees
- Paul Turner: Naming rights for Riverfront Park attractions could earn revenue and ridicule
- Inslee appoints Judge Shelley Szambelan to Spokane County Superior Court
- updated Dog food recall worries residents, but so far no harm to pets in Spokane
Wed., Feb. 21, 2018, 7:41 a.m.
- Former Gonzaga Prep standout Sam Dowd plays big role at Idaho State
- Gonzaga, Battle in Seattle on hold for at least a few more years
- Success never stopped for Washington’s Phil Mahre, Steve Mahre after 1984 Olympic skiing triumph
- Ray Hobbs remembered for shaping sports culture at area high schools
- Stingy Everett dashes past Spokane Chiefs with three-goal second period