updated This year’s Hoopfest was about as average as Spokane isn’t. More than 250,000 people gathered in downtown Spokane to shoot free throws and make slam dunks for the annual 3-on-3 basketball tournament. The largest tournament of its kind in the world, this year’s event brought together 6,000 teams, 3,000 volunteers and 450 courts spanning 45 city blocks. It was big, it was hot and it was a heck of an event.
Links to top content
Most read right now
Top stories from the SR and around the world
Sun., June 25, 2017, 6:15 a.m.
Sun., June 25, 2017
Sun., June 25, 2017, 5:13 p.m.
- new Houston Astros blast Mariners 8-2 in series finale
- updated Vancouver Canadians complete sweep of Indians with 8-3 win
- Grip on Sports: When it comes to getting around town during Hoopfest, there are some dos and don'ts
- Mariners’ six-game win streak ends with 5-2 loss to Houston Astros
- Former Gonzaga great Heather Bowman back on main stage at Hoopfest