Dreamers all over the globe have awaken to the New Year and several New Year’s resolutions. Who will succeed?
I’ve compiled a list of tips, ideas, and quotes for goal-setting success. Good luck at tackling you latest resolutions!
S = specific
M = measurable
A = assignable (who does what)
R = realistic
T = time-related
- “Ninety-nine percent of failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.” -George Washington Carver Make a plan and stick with it! Include others in your resolutions. You’ll be less likely to quit your goals if it means you’ll be letting others down, too.
- Don’t confuse routine with commitment. Your goals have to a top priority if they are going to get accomplished. Write down your goals, your plan, and your motivations down on a piece of paper or on your phone, and keep these notes with you at all times! By keeping your goals with you, you’ll be constantly reminded of your commitment to yourself.
- “Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.” -Anonymous This idea is pretty self-explanatory, but it is key to remember that dreams will not come true if you keep taking “shortcuts”. To prevent yourself from “cheating” on your goals, include weekly rewards that are worthwhile. If your goal is strictly long-term, you may lose interest, regardless of how much your goal means to you. Be sure to make yourself earn these goals to ensure progress as opposed to setbacks.
- “High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation.” -Jack Kinder Keep yourself on track while having fun!
- “It’s not where your dreams take you. It’s where you take your dreams.” This is one of my faves!
- “Organize your life around your dreams - and watch them come true.” I’ll leave you with this parting thought!