Arrow-right Camera

Letters to the Editor

Sun., March 2, 2014

Support net neutrality

It should be obvious by now to everyone that there are two class types in the United States: the 1 percent with nearly one-half the wealth of the country, and the other 99 percent. With Citizens United, we know that the 1 percent can now pretty much run the table with ads to instill fear into people to vote against their own interests. The only thing we have going for us is net neutrality.

Regardless of what side of the partisan divide you find yourself – and you may even switch sides depending on the issue – you need net neutrality to be able to get the same facts and the same access as the top 1 percent. Tell the Federal Communications Commission to change the regulations to reclassify the Internet as a common carrier.

Cynthia Hamilton

Spokane



Want to respond? Submit your own letter to the editor »

There are 20 comments on this story »