Arrow-right Camera

The Slice

Sat., July 30, 2011, 5:09 p.m.

There must be a name for it

Let's say you had been looking at a news website or some other online offering that has a fair amount of clicking options on one page.

You decide you're done for the moment. But just as you are logging off your computer -- in the tiny fraction of a second before shut-down -- you glimpse something that looks interesting.

Then...poof...the screen goes blank.

Is there a name for that? Trust me. I do not think this is an original observation. I'm just curious about what this scenario is called.

Of course, when you go back and find it, there's a good chance you misread the headline or whatever and it really isn't something that interests you. There's probably a name for that mini-disappointment, too. 

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus
« Back to The Slice
The Slice

The online home for Paul Turner's musings and interactions with disciples of The Slice.