Congratulations to the San Francisco Giants and their fans.
But it's not all doom and gloom for fans of the Detroit Tigers.
Here are half a dozen reasons why.
1. The early end of the series means no more "Grab Some Buds" commercials. (Assuming here that sports is the only thing you watch in real time.)
2. No more trying to figure what The Who or their songs have to do with baseball.
3. No more anthem/"God Bless America" singing, as someone on Twitter put it, in the key of WTF.
4. No more baseball in non-baseball weather. (The series used to end early in October, as God intended.)
5. If the Tigers had extended the series, there's a good chance I would have blundered onto spoilers this week before I could finally get around to watching my recorded Sunday night shows.
6. Fresh opportunity to take the "That's it -- I'm done with sports" pledge and imagine all the important things to be accomplished with the time that will free up.