1. Spokane is more diverse.
2. Spokane's drunks lack homespun charm.
3. Spokane has more dining-out options.
4. Mayberry has less crime.
5. Most families in Spokane don't spend much time sitting on the front porch.
6. No column in any Spokane newspaper has a name as good as "Mayberry After Midnight."
7. The Spokane police would have shot Ernest T. Bass.
8. In Spokane, you have to pump your own gas.
9. There are barbers in Spokane who aren't really all that eccentric.
10. Spokane has more Catholics and Mormons.
11. People in Mayberry flip each other off a lot less.
12. (Your observed difference here.)