When I made the reservation at Taos Valley RV Park, I thought I was calling another park, a place we'd stayed in 2018.
It turned out to be the best kind of mistake.
While we're still fans of Monte Bello, this new-to-us park quickly rose to the top of our favorite experiences on the road. Here's what we love about the place:
- Excellent location, near trails and also shopping. It's a 10-minute drive to downtown Taos.
- Roomy sites mean you're not up in your neighbor's business... or their sewer hose. That's the reality of many parks, where spaces are often cramped.
- Nicely landscaped grounds with well-established trees and shrubs.
- Gorgeous views of the nearby mountains. Our site -- No. 29 -- had a sweet sunset vista, too.
- Doesn't apply to us, but the dog walk area was large and felt more like a walk on a trail than a fenced in place to poop.
- Restrooms are clean, as is the laundry area. And the washer-dryers are bargain-priced at $1.50.
- Speaking of bargains, we booked for a week, which mean we got the seventh night free.
- The place has new owners and the staff is friendly. There's coffee in the lobby and it's easy to make arrangements to catch the Taos Trolley tour bus.
Plus, the Guadalajara Grill is just across the street. Locals love that casual restaurant and we agree after picking up some tasty take-out.
If you're heading to New Mexico, you should definitely visit Taos and stay at Taos Valley RV Park!