Arrow-right Camera

The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review

Friday, June 5, 2020  Spokane, Washington  Est. May 19, 1883
Cloudy 56° Cloudy
News >  Spokane

Frying Pan Fire Spreads To House

By From Staff And Wire Reports

A Monday afternoon blaze sparked by an overheated frying pan destroyed a home north of Spokane Community College, fire officials said.

Firefighters responding to a kitchen fire at 3317 E. Jackson at 12:54 p.m. found the one-story house in flames, said Battalion Chief Rich Hansen.

A child in the house began cooking food on the stove, then walked away to talk on the phone, Hansen said.

When the smoke detector went off, the child tried to douse the flames with water, he said.

No serious injuries were reported. , DataTimes

Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter

Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.


Asking the right questions of your CBD company

Bluegrass Hemp Oil in Spokane Valley offers a variety of products that can be very effective for helping with some health conditions. (Courtesy BHO)
Sponsored

If you are like most CBD (cannabidiol) curious consumers, you’ve heard CBD can help with many ailments.