Arrow-right Camera
The Spokesman-Review Newspaper
Spokane, Washington  Est. May 19, 1883

Community services

The Spokesman-Review

Attendant Care Registry – Free service matching disabled adults and children with personal-care providers, sponsored by Coalition of Responsible Disabled. Call 326-6355.

Citizenship Course – offered by Community Colleges of Spokane, Mondays or Tuesdays, 5-9 p.m., Adult Education Center, 2310 N. Monroe St., Room 117. Call 533-4600.

Displaced Homemakers – Sponsored by Community Colleges of Spokane; free program for women in transition. Call 533-3752.

Easter Seal Society of Washington – offers free computer loan program for individuals with disabilities. Call 326-8292 for information.

Employment, Education and Training – For Spokane County residents who have been laid off from work or have low income. Provided through Career Path Services. Call 326-7520.

Employment and Training – For low-income youth, 16-21 years old, attending high school in Spokane County. Call 456-7660.

Free Career Counseling and Job Search Assistance – For low-income residents of Spokane County. Call Career Path Services, 326-7520.

Free Counseling for Unplanned Pregnancies – With open adoption services, sponsored by Spokane Consultants in Family Living, 1623 W. Gardner Ave. Call 328-6274.

Free Confidential Counseling for Unplanned Pregnancies – provided through Lutheran Social Services of Washington and Idaho, 7 S. Howard St. Call 747-8224.

Free Confidential Counseling for Unplanned Pregnancies – through New Hope Child and Family Agency, at Northeast Community Center, 4001 N. Cook Ave. Call 327-7554.

Free GED Preparation and Testing – For low-income dropout youth age 17-21 in Spokane County. Call Career Path Services, 326-7520.

GED Preparation – Ages 19 and up at many sites in Spokane. Call the Community Colleges Institute for Extended Learning Adult Basic Education, 533-4600.

Help with GED and Job Placement – Available for those between the ages of 16-21. Call Educational Service District 101 at 456-7660.

Miryam’s House of Transition – For women moving through life crisis. Call 747-9153 or 325-1632.

Money Management – Sponsored by Consumer Credit Counseling Service, second Tuesday of each month, 6:30-9 p.m., Teamsters Building, basement, 1912 N. Division St. Call 327-3777 to register.

Spokane Human Rights Commission – responds to discrimination complaints based on race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, familial status and other factors. Call 625-6110.

Veterans Counseling – Free counseling services, sponsored by the Veterans Outreach Center. Call 444-8387.