Holy Week is wrapping up today and Spokane Valley churches will be celebrating Easter on Sunday with sunrise services, special choir performance, Easter egg hunts and more.
• Millwood Presbyterian Church will host its traditional sunrise service at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Arbor Crest Winery, 4705 N. Fruithill Road. Additional services will be held at the church, 3223 N. Marguerite Road, at 9:30 and 11 a.m.
The church will also offer an Easter egg hunt for children up through the sixth grade between services at 10:30 a.m. Kids should bring their own baskets to carry the eggs away in.
• Spokane Valley United Methodist Church, 115 N. Raymond Road, will have a traditional Easter service at 9 a.m. Sunday followed by a contemporary service at 11 a.m.
• A Holy Saturday service with baptisms will begin at 7 p.m. today at the Episcopal Church of the Resurrection, 15319 E. Eighth Avenue. The church’s Easter schedule includes Choral Eucharist services at 8 and 10 a.m. Each service will be followed by a brunch, and the 10 a.m. service will also be followed by an Easter egg hunt.
• The tradition at Zion Lutheran Church is for church members to bring fresh-cut flowers to decorate the cross during Easter Services. The church, at 8304 E. Buckeye Ave., will offer at traditional Easter service with the Chancel Choir at 8:30 a.m. and a contemporary service at 11 a.m.
Breakfast will be served between services from 9:45 to 10:40 a.m., and an Easter egg hunt will be held on the south lawn at 10 a.m. for children up to the third grade. Children should bring their own baskets for the hunt. Donations will be accepted to help pay for the breakfast.
• An annual sunrise service in the Saltese Cemetery hosted by Good Shepherd Lutheran Church will begin at 6:30 a.m. Sunday. To reach the cemetery head south on Sullivan Road, turn left on Saltese Road and keep going. The cemetery will be on the right.
• The church known as One will host a community Easter service Sunday at 10 a.m. at Central Valley High School at Eighth Avenue and Sullivan Road. The doors will open at 9:15 a.m.
• Foothills Community Church, 11102 N. Forker Road, will have an Easter Sunrise service at 7 a.m. Sunday. It will be followed by a continental breakfast. A more formal service will begin at 9 a.m.
• The congregations of Good Shepherd Lutheran, Holy Trinity Lutheran and Christ Lutheran Churches will worship together on Easter. Services will begin at 8:30 and 11 a.m. Sunday at Christ Lutheran, 13009 E. Broadway Ave. Breakfast will also be served from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.
• Easter worship will begin at 10:30 a.m. Sunday at Opportunity Christian Church, 708 N. Pines Road. An egg hunt for children up to the fifth grade will follow the service.
• The Veradale United Church of Christ, 611 N. Progress Road, will begin its Easter celebration with a breakfast at 9:30 a.m., followed by a worship service at 10:30 a.m. An Easter egg hunt will be held after the service.
• Worship services will begin at 9 and 11 a.m. Sunday at Opportunity Presbyterian Church, 202 N. Pines Road.
• Genesis Church, 14415 E. Sprague Ave., will host an Easter service at 10 a.m. Sunday.
• An Easter service will begin at 10 a.m. Sunday in Liberty Lake at Lakeside Church, 23424 E. Knox Ave.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.