• At Gonzaga, Nov. 14: The Cougars agreed to open the season with the 23rd-ranked Zags so the game could kick off ESPN’s 24 hours of basketball. Playing your backyard neighbor in an opener with a radically different lineup is a tough assignment.
• Oregon, Dec. 29, at Spokane Arena: With the students gone for Christmas break, athletic director Bill Moos has decided to give Spokane a chance to support the Cougars in their Pac-12-opening series with the Oregon schools.
• At Washington, Jan. 15: Every game against the Huskies is a key one, but this will mark the last of five conference-opening games away from Beasley Coliseum.
• UCLA, Feb. 4: The Bruins, ranked 17th in the preseason, are the one Pac-12 team with size to spare inside.
• Washington, Feb. 25: The final home game of the season will be senior night for Marcus Capers, Abe Lodwick, Charlie Enquist and Faisal Aden.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the sports newsletter
Get the day’s top sports headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox by subscribing here.