Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat@ spokesman.com.
Melanie Sexton Mick has been hired as senior manager of Wipfli LLP’s Spokane office. Mick previously worked as an assurance partner for a local firm and has more than 20 years of experience in the industry. She is a member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
Washington State University has appointed Angela Stewart and Stuart J. Muller to oversee the extension of the Doctor of Pharmacy program to Yakima. Stewart will serve as program director. She was previously a clinical associate professor for WSU. Muller has been hired as a project manager and has 10 years of project management experience.
Trindera Engineering has hired Jeff Wickwire as an IT help desk technician. Wickwire has more than five years of experience providing technical support and was previously with Coldwater Creek.
Northwestern Mutual presented Bret Michael Wheeler with membership to the 2014 Forum Group, an honor given to approximately five percent of Northwestern Mutual’s financial representatives, in recognition for his work helping clients achieve financial security. This is the fourth time Wheeler has received Forum recognition. He is a financial representative with Northwestern Mutual/Packard & Wheeler Offices.
• Lorrie Rosier will relocate her general dental practice to North Cedar Dental, 6817 N. Cedar Road. Rosier has 25 years of experience providing comprehensive dental care.
• Intrepid USA Healthcare Services in Spokane has been named to the Top 500 of the 2014 HomeCare Elite. This is the sixth time that Intrepid has been recognized for their work in providing outstanding home health services.
Jubilant HollisterStier has named Bryan Downey as president of HollisterStier Allergy. Previously, Downey was the vice present and head of cardiovascular and allergy for Sanofi. He has seventeen years of experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
• The Spokane Home Builders Association has inducted Frank Tombari, senior vice president at Banner Bank, to the Builders Hall of Fame in recognition of his work supporting the association as well as the local community.
• Spokane Arts has hired Laura Becker as executive director. Becker previously managed 1% for Art projects for the Seattle Department of Transportation and the Office of Arts and Culture. Becker also served as a consulting artist, designer and project manager.
• Terry Duffy has joined the Alzheimer’s Association Inland Northwest Chapter as development director. Duffy has previous experience with fundraising and special events coordination for nonprofit organizations such as Character Counts!, Boy Scouts of America and Boys and Girls Clubs.
• The Spokane Club has hired Robert McDaniel as executive chef and Juanita Jiminez as human resource director. McDaniel has more than 30 years of experience in the food and beverage industry and is a certified executive chef with the American Culinary Federation and an Approved Culinary Evaluator. Jiminez is the current president of the local chapter of the Inland Northwest Society of Human Resource Management. She was previously the human resource manager at Career Path Services.
Etailz has hired Taylor Powell as a food and prep category coordinator, Darren Rothschild as SaaS sales representative and Kamila Yusupova as an accounting relationship coordinator.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.