The Coeur d’Alene volleyball team kept pace with Lewiston atop the Inland Empire League 5A standings with a win over host Post Falls on Thursday night.
Megan Ramseyer had 22 kills, 18 assists, three aces and 11 digs and the Vikings (4-1) topped the Trojans 25-19, 20-25, 25-17, 25-15.
Brooke Bowers led Post Falls (0-4) with nine blocks and eight kills.
• Lewiston (4-1) swept Lake City (1-3) in an IEL 5A match in Lewiston 25-19, 28-26, 25-22. Natalie Taylor had 19 kills and C.C. Cates added 21 digs and two aces for the victorious Bengals.
• Amy Shepard had 13 digs, six kills and three aces to guide Sandpoint (2-1) to a five-set win over host Moscow (2-1) in an IEL 4A match. Scores were 25-21, 9-25, 21-25, 25-19, 15-8.
• Kayla Lemilin had five kills and Hailey Bridges three aces as Cheney (2-5) swept host West Valley (1-7) in Great Northern League play 25-15, 25-18, 25-22.
Kimber Case added 15 digs and Katelyn Smedley chipped in 10 assists for the victorious Blackhawks.
Erin Higbie led West Valley with 10 kills and 10 digs.
Harley Hendry notched a hat trick and Lakeland beat host Moscow (1-1) 4-2 in an Inland Empire League 4A match.
The Bears’ Joelle Stevenson opened the scoring with an unassisted goal in the 12th minute, but Lakeland (1-2) scored the next three goals.
The Hawks’ Maddy Murn scored in the 20th minute and Hendry added goals in the 25th minute and 30th minute. All three of Lakeland’s first-half goals were unassisted.
Stevenson scored her second goal in the 38th minute to cut Lakeland’s lead to 3-2 at halftime.
The only second-half goal belonged to Hendry, who scored in the 77th minute.
• Morgan Williams and Abby Swanson scored goals and host West Valley (9-2, 7-1) blanked Cheney (1-10, 1-6) 2-0 in a Great Northern League match.
Williams’ goal came off an assist from Kelce Koschney in the 20th minute. Swanson’s goal was unassisted in the 78th minute.
The Eagles held a 17-2 advantage in shots.
• Alea Wohl had a goal and an assist and Clarkston (8-2, 5-2) blanked host Pullman (0-10, 0-7) 2-0 in a GNL match.
Wohl assisted on Leah Eden’s 67th-minute goal, and then capped the scoring in the 75th minute.
Clarkston held a 14-3 advantage in shots.
Alec Martin’s 72nd-minute goal helped Moscow (3-4, 2-0) earn a 1-all draw with Lakeland (2-5, 1-2) in an Inland Empire League 4A match in Rathdrum.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the sports newsletter
Get the day’s top sports headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox by subscribing here.