NEW YORK – JetBlue Airways says fumes from nail polish remover caused two crew members to become ill on a flight from Boston to Charleston, South Carolina.
Airline spokesman Doug McGraw said Thursday the employees asked to be checked out after Wednesday’s flight landed in Charleston, and they were later released from a hospital. No passengers became ill, he said.
It’s the third time in the past week that employees or passengers have reported becoming ill from odors on a JetBlue flight. Emergency workers boarded a plane after it made an emergency stop in Buffalo, New York, and treated a flight attendant in the terminal.
JetBlue said it has installed carbon air filters to reduce odors on planes.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.