Spokane Valley

Apartment fire this morning

The Manor Vale Apartments at 10101 E. Main burned the morning of March 1, 2011.  (Photo courtesy Spokane Valley Fire Department)
The Manor Vale Apartments at 10101 E. Main burned the morning of March 1, 2011. (Photo courtesy Spokane Valley Fire Department)

Deadlines have kept me from blogging much today, but I did get some pictures from the Spokane Valley Fire Department from a fire at the Manor Vale Apartments this morning at 10101 E. Main. The fire was called in at about 9:30 a.m. and firefighters found heavy smoke and flames when they arrived, according to assistant fire marshal Bill Clifford.

Two apartments were heavily damaged and residents in two adjoining apartments may be allowed back inside once the air quality improves, Clifford said. No one was injured and crews managed to save a cat. The fire was likely caused by combustible items placed too close to a heater, Clifford said. Photo courtesy of the Spokane Valley Fire Department.




You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus
« Back to Spokane Valley
Nina Culver
Nina Culver is the night police reporter covering crime, courts and breaking news.

Follow Nina online:








Close

Sections


Profile

Close

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801