John Barnes, a Midwestern amateur athletic star and sports promoter, arrived in the Northwest to develop the Pacific Northwest League in 1890. He operated the Spokane franchise, which won the first pennant with a team featuring minor-league legends Piggy Ward, Abner Powell and George Borchers.
- Spokane Indians’ new manager Kenny Holmberg was destined for a life in baseball
- Q&A: Catching up with Spokane Indians senior vice president Otto Klein
- From Hall of Famers to Kurt Russell, the Northwest League has just about seen it all
- Spokane Indians players who played Major League Baseball
- Ex-Indians still remain a major presence for Major League teams
- Where are they now? Catching up with members of last season’s Spokane Indians team
- Last season’s top three RBI leaders among returning cast for Spokane Indians