Luigi’S Planning To Reopen This Fall
Luigi’s, the popular downtown restaurant closed by a fire last month, plans to reopen this fall, its president said.
Marty Hogberg said he’d like to reopen by September, in time to celebrate the restaurant’s 10th anniversary in October.
The May 22 blaze started with a grease fire in an exhaust hood above the kitchen stove. The fire forced evacuation of 19 apartments above the restaurant at 113 N. Bernard. Damage to Luigi’s was estimated at more than $500,000, Hogberg said.
Luigi’s lease was terminated by the fire, Hogberg said, and he’ll have to negotiate a new one, either at the same location or elsewhere.
“We’ve had several other options come our way … other downtown locations, Coeur d’Alene …,” Hogberg said.
He said he would rather not move. “I really want to stay downtown,” Hogberg said. “I have a lot of faith in downtown.”