• Every air traffic controller worldwide works the job in English.
• Spring moves 30 miles farther north every day.
• Calvin Coolidge chose to stay fit by riding a mechanical horse.
• If you’re such a sports authority, how come you don’t know what a “battledore” is? Never mind, it’s a Badminton racket. Badminton is too a sport.
• New York landlords in the 1930s evicted about 17,000 tenants a month.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.