• Developers around 1900 put together what they called a “Gasoline-Powered Traction Engine.” Didn’t take the public long to turn that one into “tractor.”
• Early fur traders sought beaver but rejected mink.
• Q. Wasn’t primitive man promiscuous?
A. Utterly, say the scholars.
• The only meat that contains Vitamin C is liver, say the experts.
• Giant anteaters walk on their knuckles.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.