March is National Peanut Month. How much do you know about these tasty legumes?
1. About how many pounds of peanuts does the average American eat in a year?
A. 3 pounds
B. 6 pounds
C. 12 pounds
D. 15 pounds
2. Jimmy Carter was one of two peanut-farming U.S. presidents. Who was the other one?
A. John Adams
B. Thomas Jefferson
C. Calvin Coolidge
D. William Howard Taft
3. When was peanut butter invented?
A. In the 1860s
B. In the 1890s
C. In the 1910s
D. In the 1930s
4. Which of these healthy characteristics does not apply to peanuts?
A. They’re low in fat
B. They’re high in protein
C. They’re high in fiber
D. They’re cholesterol free
5. True or false: Surveys have shown that women prefer smooth peanut butter, while men prefer crunchy.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Spokane7 email newsletter
Get the day’s top entertainment headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.