Lots of area families enjoy attending Christmas Eve worship services.
But surveys show that the Northwest is not an especially churchgoing region. So it’s fair to assume that some of these folks are not all that familiar with how to behave there in the pews.
Here are some tips.
1. Relax. It is a happy occasion and the management wants you to be there. It’s not a ballpark, but you don’t have to act all solemn and somber. (Though it wouldn’t kill you to dress up just a little.)
2. Turn your cell phone off.
3. When the donations plate gets passed around, don’t try to make change.
4. Don’t assume those around you want to hear a play-by-play.
5. Get over your shyness about singing. It’s OK if you don’t have perfect pitch. As one of many voices, your joyful spirit is what matters.
Subscribe to the Morning Review newsletter
Get the day’s top headlines delivered to your inbox every morning by subscribing to our newsletter.