1. Which major-league team holds the record for most victories in a season without gaining a wild-card playoff spot?
2. Name the two men who have both caught and managed a no-hitter in the majors.
3. Who are the two NFL tight ends who have led the league in receptions for a season?
4. Name the all-time leading scorer in Florida State men’s basketball history.
5. When was the last time before 2007 that all three New York teams were in the NHL playoffs?
6. When Bode Miller won his ninth U.S. men’s skiing title in 2007, it tied him with two others for most ever. Name them.
7. In 2007, Duke became the second school to win the NCAA Division I Women’s Golf Championship three consecutive years. What school was the first to do it?
1. Cincinnati won 96 games without making the playoffs in 1999.
2. Jeff Torborg (1965, 1970 and 1973 as a player; 1991 as a manager) and Joe Girardi (1996 and 1999; 2006).
3. Kellen Winslow (1980, 1981) and Todd Christensen (1983, 1986).
4. Bob Sura tallied 2,130 points as a Seminole.
5. It was 1994.
6. Dick Durrance and Tiger Shaw.
7. Arizona State (1993-95).
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe now to get breaking news alerts in your email inbox
Get breaking news delivered to your inbox as it happens.