Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat @spokesman.com.
• The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards has authorized Joel Mitchell to use the certification mark CFP. Mitchell is a financial adviser for Edward Jones in Spokane.
• April Pierre has been promoted by the Kalispel Tribe of Indians to director of tribal communications. The tribe also promoted Curt Holmes to director of public and governmental affairs. • Diane Harp has been hired as a librarian for the Tekoa Library in Tekoa, Wash., part of Whitman County Library District.
• Renewing Therapies in downtown Spokane has hired Angela Hodgson as a licensed massage practitioner. She worked for Brickhouse Massage and Coffee Bar in Spokane Valley for the past four years. She is a graduate of the Northwest Noetic School of Massage and Structural Innovations and specializes in the Rolf Method of Structural Integration.
• Dr. Richard Caggiano has been named a silver award winner in the Health Care Professional category by Seattle Business and is featured in the magazine’s March edition. Caggiano is chief medical officer at Pullman Regional Hospital.
• Madsen Mitchell Evenson and Conrad PLLC rehired Melissa Simmons as an interior designer. Simmons has 13 years of design experience and is certified by the National Council for Interior Design Qualification.
• Kristin Talbott has been hired as manager of rental assistance programs for the Spokane Housing Authority. She previously worked for Transitions.
• St. Joseph Family Center has hired Kathie Bonner Walsh as developmental director. She has more than 20 years of developmental/fundraising experience while working in the nonprofit sector. • The Moscow Food Co-op has elected the following individuals as members of its board of directors: Colette DePhelps, Tammy Parker, Bill London and Kurt Obermayr.
• Keller Williams Realty Spokane has hired Bob Calhoun as an agent. He previously worked as a property manager for a company in Spokane. • Marcia Gimness received a Seniors Real Estate Specialist designation from the Seniors Real Estate Specialist Council of the National Association of Realtors. Gimness is a broker with Windermere Real Estate North Spokane. • Kestell Company Real Estate has hired John White and Danielle LaBar as brokers. They previously worked for Coldwell Banker NW. Group.
• Mark Plivlich has been hired by Spokane Post Frame Inc. as a sales representative for the Eastern Washington and North Idaho regions. He has more than 20 years of building industry sales experience.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe now to get breaking news alerts in your email inbox
Get breaking news delivered to your inbox as it happens.