Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat @spokesman.com.
• SPVV Landscape Architects of Spokane has hired Darren Teal as a landscape architect. Teal has eight years experience in landscape design and holds a bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture from the University of Idaho.
• John Roll received the 2012 Distinguished Contribution to Applied Behavioral Research Award from the American Psychological Association. Roll, who has also been named a fellow with the Association for Behavior Analysis International, is an administrator and researcher at Washington State University.
• The following individuals have been named members of Community Colleges of Spokane Foundation’s board of directors: Sitakant Chaudhury of Jubilant HollisterStier; Greg Embrey of Witherspoon, Kelly, Davenport and Toole; Bill Storms of 7Storms Advertising; and Steve Trabun of Avista Utilities.
• Shelley Menne has been promoted by RiverBank to senior vice president/senior commercial banker and team leader. RiverBank also promoted James Burke to senior vice president/commercial banker. Menne and Burke have been with the company since 2006.
• Numerica Credit Union has hired Tim Schartung as branch manager of the company’s Lyons Branch. He has 20 years of financial industry experience and previously worked as a personal banker/branch manager for Chase Bank. He holds an associate’s degree from Everett Community College and is a public notary for Washington and Idaho.
• Jeremy Wheeler has been promoted by Numerica Credit Union from assistant branch manager to branch manager of the Coeur d’Alene Branch. The credit union also promoted Jenifer Piper from assistant branch manager to branch manager of the company’s Wandermere Branch.
• Wells Fargo Advisors has named Jan Tymesen a member of the company’s Premier Advisors Program. Tymesen has been a financial adviser with the company for 12 years.
• Northwest MedStar was named 2012 Program of the Year by the Association of Air Medical Services.
• The National Association of Air Medical Communication Specialists (NAACS) presented Stephen Thompson with its 2012 Communicator of the Year Award. Thompson is a communication specialist with Northwest MedStar.
• Elizabeth Lutch has been hired as public relations specialist for Shriners Hospital for Children – Spokane. She holds a bachelor’s degree in communication with an emphasis in public relations from Washington State University.
• The Washington Lodging Association presented Denise Vickerman with its General Manager of the Year Award during its Stars of the Industry Dinner and Awards event. Vickerman is general manager of the Ramada Spokane Airport and Indoor Waterpark.
• Aaron Lawton has been promoted by Lawton Printing Services to sales representative. He worked with the company for 20 years.
• Forrest Rodgers and Shelley Redinger have been named members of Downtown Rotary Club 21. Rodgers is executive director of the Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture, and Redinger is superintendent of Spokane Public Schools.
• Tor Holmberg has joined Kestell Co. He previously worked for Windermere Real Estate for 10 years.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe now to get breaking news alerts in your email inbox
Get breaking news delivered to your inbox as it happens.