Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat @spokesman.com.
• Laura Hays has been hired as a certified public accountant for Heiskell MacGillivray and Associates. She previously worked for Moss Adams and has 10 years of regional accounting experience.
• Spokane Teachers Credit Union promoted Lisa Chitwood to manager of the North Branch. She has been with the company for 15 years. STCU also promoted Adrienne Fischer from assistant Main Branch manager to Indian Trail Branch manager.
• Deb Walter has been hired as a mortgage consultant for HomeStreet Bank’s Spokane River branch. The company also hired Scott Williams as a mortgage consultant in Coeur d’Alene.
• Lukins and Annis hired Kevin Tavares as an associate attorney. He holds a bachelor’s degree from Gonzaga University and a law degree from the University of Washington School of Law.
• Jim Brunner received a United Van Lines’ Master Club Award for exceptional sales achievement. Brunner is an agent with Chipman Moving and Storage in Spokane.
• Paychex Inc. hired Ryan Bailey as sales consultant for the Inland Northwest region. He previously worked as community relationship manager for the American Cancer Society. He holds a bachelor’s degree in social science from Washington State University.
• Mary Verner has been named a Distinguished Alumna of Yale University and has been invited to address Yale’s students and alumni on sustainability and cities. Verner, a former Spokane mayor, serves as CEO of Spokane Tribal Enterprises.
• The following individuals have been appointed as members of Inland Northwest Community Foundation’s North Idaho Partnership Council: Paul Kimmell of Avista; Dave Walter of Panhandle State Bank; and Donna Woolston of Appearances Marketing and Promotion.
• Ronell Routon has been hired as a marketing and communications specialist for Girl Scouts Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho. She previously worked for KAYU Fox 28 as an account executive. She holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration and marketing from Eastern Washington University.
• Keller Williams Realty Spokane hired Matt Sawyer as an agent. He previously worked for Prime Real Estate.
• Tom Hormel has been hired as a real estate broker for RE/MAX Inland Empire. He has worked in real estate sales for 14 years and previously worked for Century 21 Beutler and Associates. He holds accredited buyer representative, certified residential specialist and ePro designations.
• Coldwell Banker Tomlinson North has hired Sue Melcher and Linda Dean. Both previously worked for Keller Williams Realty Spokane.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe now to get breaking news alerts in your email inbox
Get breaking news delivered to your inbox as it happens.