If you followed the news last week, you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Warm up by taking the newspaper version, and then go to www.spokesman .com/newsquiz, where top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. Bald eagle sightings are way up this year on what body of water?
A. Lake Coeur d’Alene
B. Lake Pend Oreille
C. The Spokane River
D. Long Lake
E. All of the above
2. The Spokane Transit Authority board voted to do what?
A. Raise fares
B. Decrease fares
C. Move the transit center out of downtown
D. Put a 10-year, $300 million project on the ballot in April
E. Take buses off arterials as much as possible
3. The movie “The Interview,” a satire about the assassination of a foreign leader, had its opening canceled after hackers stole and disseminated information stored on Sony Pictures computers. What nation is accused of the hacking?
C. North Korea
4. Former Gonzaga Bulldogs Josh Heytfelt and Ira Brown play professionally on a team in what nation?
C. The Philippines
5. A statewide poll by Gallatin Public Affairs found what percent of respondents favor WSU’s bid for a medical school?
A. 27 percent
B. 33 percent
C. 51 percent
D. 67 percent
E. 81 percent
Check your work
Find answers and last week’s winners on page B3.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.