Several area residents have graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio.
• Air Force Airman Jonathan Fischer graduated from Shadle Park High School in 2010. He is the son of Cheri Silva and stepson of John Silva, of Nine Mile Falls.
• Air Force Airman Austin Mount is the son of Spokane residents Erin and Timothy Mount. He is a 2008 graduate of Lakeside High School in Nine Mile Falls.
• Air Force Airman Kyle Mackercher is the son of Angela Mackercher, of Newman Lake. He graduated from East Valley High School in 2012.
• Air Force Airman 1st Class Morgan Perednia-Tiaga is the stepson of Pat Dull, of Spokane, and a 2007 graduate of North Central High School.
• Air Force Airman Garrett Guidinger is a 2010 graduate of Post Falls High School and the son of Genia DeShazo, of Garfield.
• Air National Guard Airman 1st Class Dallas Browning is a 2012 graduate of Shadle Park High School. He is the son of Spokane residents Robert and Viki Browning.
• Air Force Airman 1st Class John Kirkland graduated from The Oaks High School in 2005 and earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Alaska Fairbanks in 2011. He is the son of Nancy Kirkland, of Cheney.
• Air National Guard Airman 1st Class Rachel Crofoot is the daughter of Mary Crofoot, of Spokane, and a 2013 graduate of Medical Lake High School.
• Air Force Airman Shelby Homan graduated from West Valley High School in 2013 and is the daughter of Spokane resident Elizabeth Fields.
• Army National Guard Pvt. Benjamin Miller has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C. He is the son of Janet and Kevin Miller, of Spangle, and 2013 graduate of Ferris High School.
• Army National Guard Pfc. Savannah Martin has graduated from One Station Unit Training at Fort Leonard Wood in Waynesville, Mo. Her training included basic military training and advanced individual training. She is the daughter of Jenine Barasha, of Spokane, and Jack Martin, of Coeur d’Alene. She graduated from Lewis and Clark High School in 2012.
• Army Warrant Officer 1 Trevor Fox has graduated from the Warrant Officer Candidate School at Fort Rucker, Ala. He is a 2004 graduate of Shadle Park High School and has served for four years in the military. He is the son of Spokane residents Linda and Paul Sams.
• Cade Bowman has earned the rank of Eagle Scout, the highest rank awarded in the Boy Scouts of America. Bowman is a member of Boy Scout Troop 210 and a senior at Northwest Christian Schools. He is the son of Drew and Paige Bowman. For his project, Bowman repaired and refinished indoor and outdoor wood furniture for Life Services of Spokane.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.