1. Free Horse and Carriage Rides 3-8 p.m. today, noon-5 p.m. Saturday and noon-3 p.m. Sunday. 222 N. Wall St. Board at the corner of Spokane Falls Boulevard and Wall Street. First-come, first-served; reservations not taken. Hours are (509) 456-0580 or http://downtown spokane.org/carriage-rides/. Admission: FREE
2. Small Works Show Thursdays, 2-6 p.m., Friday-Saturdays, noon-8 p.m. through December. Saranac Art Projects, 25 W. Main Ave. Original works of art. (509) 339-4861 or http://www.saranacart projects.com/. Admission: FREE
3. Arvid Lundin & Deep Roots 6 p.m. today. O’Shays Irish Pub, 313 Coeur d’Alene Lake Drive, Coeur d’Alene. Lively traditional and original music by master fiddler Arvid Lundin. Mostly Celtic but with an eclectic mix with something for everyone. (208) 667-4446. Admission: FREE
4. Candlelight Christmas Dessert Tea 6-8 p.m. today. Heavenly Special Teas, 5012 N. Market St. Bring a wrapped ornament to exchange and partake in unlimited tea, two mini scones and a dessert of your choice. There will be games, entertainment and door prizes. (509) 487-2111. Admission: $10
5. Holiday Art Show 10a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday, Silver Element Studio, Pelican Building, 707 N. Cedar St. Batiks by Toni Spencer, jewelry by Ruly Deen, pottery by Linda Garratt and photos by Gay Waldman. Admission: FREE
6. Spokane Winter Glow Through Jan. 1, Cowley Park, 602 S. Division St. Cowley Park becomes “Christmas Park.” There will be lights high up in tress and displays throughout the park. Enjoy the music and animation by walking through the park. The park is decorated especially for children on the fifth floor of the Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital to look out and enjoy. https://spokane winterglow.com/. Admission: FREE
7. Totally Tubular Tuesdays 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Garland Theater, 924 W. Garland Ave. Tuesday: “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Jan 2: “Castle in the Sky.” Jan. 9: “The Breakfast Club.” Jan. 16: “Clue.” Jan. 23: “Office Space.” Jan. 30: “Clueless.” Feb. 6: “Forrest Gump.” Feb. 13: “Raiders of the Lost Ark.” Feb. 20: “Fight Club.” (509) 327-1050 or http://garlandtheater.com. Admission: $2.50
8. Spokane Valley Heritage Museum 11a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesdays- Saturdays. 12114 E. Sprague Ave. Current exhibits are “Under One Sky”: Indians, Missionaries, Fur Trappers, “A Valley View: Spokane Valley’s Growth from the Late 1920s-1970s Through the Eye of the Lens,” “Earth from Space: Our Fascination with Space,” “Young Man in a Hurry, Isaac Stevens” and more. (509) 922-4570. Admission: $6/adults, $5/seniors, $3/ages
9. Fireside Music Series 5:30-7:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Arbor Crest Wine Cellars, 4705 N. Fruit Hill Road. Music paired with wine and food selections. Today: Evan Denlinger. Saturday: Isaac Walton. (509) 747-3903. Admission: FREE
10. “Casually Capturing Life” 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays through Jan. 5. Moses Lake Museum & Art Center, 401 S. Balsam St., Moses Lake. Photography by Justin Alaniz. (509) 764-3830. Admission: FREE
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Spokane7 email newsletter
Get the day’s top entertainment headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.