Olivia Guilliams (cq) 5, of Ione, Washington enjoyed an afternoon of swinging at a friend’s house in Coeur d’Alene on Monday.
1. Best of the Political ‘Toons: Eric Devericks/Seattle Times (The “surge” — in U.S. death toll).
2. Best of the Online Polls: 55% of 732 respondents to a Coeur d’Alene Press poll say they have no problem with wolves being in North Idaho and the predators should be left alone.
3. Best of the Sports: In Mariners Blog, Geoff Baker writes today, “Just arrived here in the Motor City and already I’m tired of it. Not my favorite town. Some folks like it here but I prefer cities that don’t turn into ghost towns when the clock strikes 5 p.m.. Actually, “ghost town” is a little too complimentary. Post-apocalyptic wasteland is more like it.” More here.
4. Best of the Blogs: Slight Detour (Bittersweet National Teacher Day), Dogwalk Musings (Dealing w/A Friend’s Doctor-Assisted Suicide), Palousitics (My beef w/Mitt Romney), Eye On Boise (Idaho delegation wants field burning), and Blogspotter (Cooking vlogs whip up viewing treats).
5. Best of the News: Orbusmax Special: Oregon House unanimous for squelching cyberbullies here, 4.6 quake shakes SW Montana here, Sex offender charged w/molesting boy in cafe restroom here, Kempthorne dines with Queen Elizabeth here, UW basketballer arrested in hit-and-run accident here, and UW study: 40% of babies watch TV here.
6. IMHO-NW: Doug Clark/SR (Post-Traumatic Breast Syndrome), Spokesman-Review (Indian gambling limits), North Idaho College Sentinel (Hey, you, wake up!), Frank Mieli/Kalispell Daily Inter Lake (Turn channel? Are you kidding?), and Bob Wire/New West Missoula (Summer camps for dummies).