The ConcoPhillips’ megaload transports are 29 feet wide, ITD District 2 maintenance engineer Doral Hoff said just now under questioning from attorney Natalie Havlina. Yet the road, U.S. Highway 12, is just 24 feet wide - two 12-foot lanes. So that means the transport will hang over the fog line of the road as it travels/Betsy Russell, Eye On Boise.
- One megaload arrives in Montana -- from Oklahoma
- Laughy: Promised limits on traffic delays didn't seem feasible
- 1st hint about megaloads for local resident: Power went out
- Linwood Laughy: 'A very unique & special area'
- Lead plaintiff in megaload litigation next witness
- Megaloads would block highway even when pull off at turnouts
- ITD: Curves in roads 'not necessarily a reason to slow down'
- Sheer rock walls and sharp curves
- Megaloads hearing Day 2 begins