In the hills above Rathdrum & Hauser at the old Brand X Ranch, Jana Tritto photographed these two bull moose trimming an apple tree this morning. In his Outdoors Blog, Rich Landers points out that winter weather is moving moose closer to townto nibble tender landscaping plants. And that Fish & Game officers advise householders and towns people to gave the large animals wide berth. You can read Rich's post here.
- Cartoon: Wikileaks show truth re: U.S. diplomats/David Horsey, P-I
- Flood advisory lifted as storm passes over region/Mike Prager, SR
- Playing cards would feature unsolved cases/Meghann Cuniff, SR
- Montana student allowed to return after gun incident/Tristan Scott, Missoulian
- NW Montana soldier critically injured in Afghanistan/Vince Devlin, Missoulian
- Murder victim was a street kid with a huge heart/Meghann Cuniff, S&G
- Army: Boise soldier can't present photo of dead civilian/Associated Press
- USWS: Wolverines warrant protection, but ... /Daniel Person, Chronicle
- UMontana prez defends perks as part of job/Chelsi Moi, Missoulian
- Orbusmax Special: Time Bomb store's name leads to airport evacuation in Oregon here
Question: Have you seen a moose in town or your yard lately?