"So I discovered I had an elk roast hiding in the deep freeze," posts JeanC @ JeanC's Cat House & Shooting Gallery. "So I
decided that would be dinner last night. I browned it in an oven safe
pan with some olive oil, sweet onions and mushrooms. Seasoned the roast
with some kosher salt and pepper and then a goodly dose of balsamic
vinegar just before putting it in the oven to finish cooking." More here.
- Blessed Sunday: My first-born turns 11/A Butterfly Moment
- I've been up to London to visit the queen/A Family Runs Through It
- Book Review: Broken Government: Comparing Obama to Bush, Part 2, and: Broken Government, Part 1/Arch Druid
- Imagine John Lennon at age 70/Atmospheric Ruminations
- Lolo Pass oil shipments/Bay Views
- Dame Joan Sutherland dead at age 83/Community Comment
- The hunter is gone/From A Simple Mind
- The roses of October/Gathering Around the Table
- 3BT: St. Roni, photo shoot at farmers' market, Yi Shen curry/Kellogg Bloggin'
- A day at Greenbluff/Live, Love, Laugh, Hope
- Remembering Dad: Ron Rankin/More Main Street
- Dear Santa/Notes On A Napkin
- Pop culture mash-ups/Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts
- North Idaho diversions/Skookum Photography
- Ploddin' with Lilly/Slight Detour
- Faulty map/Tumblewords
Hucks Online numbers: for Monday (10,149/5980), and for week of Oct. 3-9 (59,945/35,220).