"Very yummy lunch today," posts JeanC of JeanC's Cat House & Shooting Gallery, "brought some tamales and topped them with the leftover sauteed onions, crimini mushrooms and wilted spinach from last night's dinner (which was burgers topped with the aforementioned yumminess) and fries. See blog here.
Featured Blog: “Experts said that by age six, girls needed branded clothes, at seven they wanted styled hair, by eight they were beginning diets, at nine they were styling their hair and by early teens were engaging in sex or sending sexually explicit text messages.” So says a news article by Gemma Jones and Clementine Cuneo that appeared in The Daily Telegraph, out of Sydney, Australia. Either this is just an Australian phenomenon or my family is severely isolated, because I’m not seeing this in my 8-year-old daughter or her friends/Idaho Dad, A Family Runs Through It. More here.
- 10 things about Coeur d'Alene High choir concert/A Butterfly Moment
- Chicago visit/Accidental Rabbit Trails
- False friend/Arch Druid
- Inverse proportions of assorted beach landmarks/Atmospheric Ruminations
- Angry about natural disasters/Bay Views
- Lessons of Joplin, Mo., for Spokane/Community Comment
- Is Obama's race really to blame?/Dogwalk Musings
- I can't imagine life in tornado alley/From A Simple Mind
- The color purple/Gathering Around the Table
- Where oh where Wednesday/Get Out! North Idaho
- Reach out/Live, Love, Laugh, Hope
- Positive thinkers and other liars/My Life's A Freak Show
- This raindrop and that raindrop Thursday/Slight Detour
- Spraing/Stebbijo's Place
Hucks Online numbers (for Wednesday, May 25): 7159/4492
Question: When did your girl(s) start asking for branded clothes, styled hair, piercings, and using makeup?