"I went to Schweitzer yesterday for hiking and picture taking," posts Marianne Love/Slight Detour. "It was an overcast, relatively cool afternoon, which meant that scenic shots were not the best." Above, Marianne photographed Schweitzer Village. Story & more photos here.
Top Post ("Of Faith & Tattoos"): These days, I wear my faith like a new tattoo. It came about through searing pain and lots of cursing. It's there and plainly visible, but by just looking at it you might not understand the full story. And it is a story - one that I'd be happy to share over a cup of coffee. But it wasn't always like that. At one point, I believed that my faith was to be displayed by carrying around a bible like an athlete wearing a letterman jacket. I once believed that my faith was to be used like a megaphone in a public library. And for a short while, I was foolish enough to believe that my beliefs made me better than everyone else/Rants, Raves & Random Thoughts. More here.
- Burned out/Bay Views
- Kicking over blocks/Fort Boise
- Syria and sense of deja vu/Dogwalk Musings
- What's Up (Aug. 29-Sept. 4)/Get Out! North Idaho
- So much & so little has changed/The Johnson Report
- So long, August, so long, summer/From A Simple Mind'
- The career ladder -- another look/Kevin Richert, The EDge
- Groups urge Congress to fix firefighting fund/Rocky Barker
- Coeur d'Alene firefighter issue reminder re: school/Coeur d'Alene Today
HucksOnline numbers (for Wednesday, Aug. 28): 9494 page-views/5321 unique views