In his Slice column, Paul Turner writes:
OK, it’s officially spring.
What will you miss about winter? Complaining, of course.
But you say you need help with your list of specifics to grouse about upon the new season’s arrival?
I’m on it. Here are 10 vernal equinox beefs you’re welcome to borrow.
1. Potholes. (OK, that’s a holdover.)
2. Advent of allergy season.
3. Clusters of runners training for Bloomsday have been known to be sidewalk hogs downtown.
4. Kids on the lawn.
5. Mariners mathematically eliminated.
6. People wearing shorts at work and the office smelling like baloney.
7. The aroma of a neighbor’s grilling mocking your own dinner plans.
8. Still more kids on the lawn.
9. The return of 9 p.m. lawn mowing down the block.
10. Silence reminding you that the Spokane Indians aren’t AAA anymore.