Arrow-right Camera

The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review

Thursday, February 21, 2019  Spokane, Washington  Est. May 19, 1883
Clear Night 29° Clear

Education


News >  Crime/Public Safety

House fire in East Central ruled accidental

UPDATED: Wed., Feb. 6, 2019, 8:51 p.m.

A house fire in the East Central neighborhood was ruled accidental after an investigation by the Spokane Fire Department. The blaze in the house on the 3200 block of North Regal Street started at about 11:30 a.m. when “plastic furniture was inadvertently placed in contact with a natural gas-fueled, free standing fireplace,” according to a Spokane Fire Department news release.