Local news

Phone numbers to get help

In unincorporated Spokane County, low-income people who are elderly or disabled or have medical conditions can call (509) 477-3600 for help digging out mailboxes and berms.

To help shovel for low-income seniors or adults with disabilities, contact Volunteer Chore Services at (509) 328-8400 in Spokane.

Spokane Transit Authority paratransit rides: (509) 328-1552.

Spokane community centers can connect people in need with assistance. Call during business hours: East Central, (509) 625-6699; Northeast, (509) 487-1603; West Central, (509) 326-9540.

To report power outages or downed lines: Avista Utilities, (800) 227-9187; Inland Power and Light, (877) 668-8243; or Kootenai Electric Cooperative,

(877) 744-1055.

Click here to comment on this story »

Where does the money go?

sponsored You’ve probably heard of co-ops: food co-ops, childcare co-ops, housing co-ops, energy co-ops.



Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(509) 747-4422
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile