Spokesman.com blogs: Fortunate crane
Looking for browsing materials? Check out these recent hand-picked links from Spokesman.com blogs.
• Poll: Pick the next WSU coach | Sportslink
Step into Washington State athletics director Jim Sterk’s shoes for a day. Vote below for who you’d hire to replace Tony Bennett as head basketball coach.
• DFO’s animals: Miracle crane | Huckleberries Online
In this photo provided by Nicki Christiansen and the Raptor Education Group, Inc., Marge Gibson, executive director of the Raptor Education Group, Inc., holds a sandhill crane,that was captured in central Wisconsin with an arrow through her body in Antigo, Wis.
• HBO’s a.m. headlines | Huckleberries Online
Idaho Records/Sherry Adkins, SR | No April Fooling: More snow, rain/Mike Prager, SR | Area schools celebrate Ed Board pick Soltman/Maureen Dolan, CdA Press
• Running the numbers on proposed WSU budget cuts | Eye on Olympia
If it’s possible to sound stunned in a prepared statement, Washington State University President Elson Floyd did so Tuesday.
• Garbage cans and social massage | Eye on Boise
The Senate has voted 31-4 on the much-amended Fish & Game fee increase bill, after a rather odd debate.
• Joe Cocker with subtitles | Movies and More
Anyone who has ever watched “Woodstock,” or was just a fan of 1960s-era Joe Cocker, will have a good time by clicking here.
• New recession index: Facial hair | Everyday Economy
The typical hallmarks of this recession are well-known: unemployment, foreclosures, bankruptcies. Now you can add beards — at least for some men.
• Guys and dolls | Are We There Yet?
When my son was 2, he used to play with dolls. Now at 5, he wouldn’t be caught anywhere near one
• Fun video: If the government ran the pool | Spin Control
This video is a bit overdone, and the acting a bit underdone, but it is topical. Submitted for your approval: If the office basketball pool were run like the AIG bailout, wouldn’t we all be winners?’
• Souped up bar stool | Vox Box
A 28-year-old Ohio man was charged with drunken driving after crashing his motorized bar stool earlier this month.
Want more? Go to spokesman.com and click the “Latest blog posts” tab, just above the “Latest news” list of headlines.