Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat @spokesman.com.
• ALSC Architects has hired Hannah Ohrt as an interior designer. She holds a bachelor’s degree in interior design from Washington State University.
• Tom Murn has been named general manager of the Coeur d’Alene market for Frontier Communications. He previously served as general manager of the Moscow-Pullman market and has been with the company since July 2010.
• The following Community Colleges of Spokane instructors received CCS Foundation/Spokane Teachers Credit Union Exceptional Faculty Awards: Erin Clason, Doug Nelson, Barbara Rielly, Jenny Houck, Mike Hunley, Suzanne McCurdy, Heather Keast, KayDee Steele and Josh Westermann.
• Carmen Himenes has been hired as principal of Assumption Parish School. She previously served as superintendent of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Honolulu, Hawaii, and executive director of the Diocesan Board of Education. She holds Administrative Certification from Gonzaga University, a master’s degree in education from Fort Wright College and a doctorate degree in educational leadership.
• The Coeur d’Alene School District has hired Mark Cotner as a part-time administrator for the Kootenai Technical Education Campus. He previously served as executive director of the Canyon-Owyhee School Service Agency and Regional Technology Center in Wilder, Idaho, and has more than 12 years of experience in professional-technical education.
• Daniel Wambeke has been inducted as a class of 2011 fellow by the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers. Wambeke is vice president of engineering and sales for SCAFCO Corporation in Spokane.
• AmericanWest Bank has hired Kelley Groth as vice president and manager of small business lending. She has 10 years of related experience and holds a bachelor’s degree from Lewis-Clark State College.
• Claudette Kenmir has been hired by Physicians Insurance A Mutual Company as vice president of the Eastern Regional Office. She previously served as vice president and regional general manager at Liberty Mutual Group/Safeco Insurance in Denver. She holds a bachelor’s degree in finance from Eastern Washington University and has worked in the insurance industry since 1986.
• The Washington Bar Association presented Tim Connor with its 2011 “Excellence in Legal Journalism Award.” Connor is communications director for the Center for Justice in Spokane.
• Rebecca Magnuson has joined Paukert and Troppmann, PLLC as an attorney specializing in estate planning and business law.
• Unleashed Online Marketing has hired Chuck Teegarden as director of business development. He previously worked for Lukins and Annis, PS as a firm administrator and was a former business owner. The company also hired Sam Moore as a search marketing specialist. He previously worked in search engine marketing and optimization through his company, Top Left Web.
• Terri Brady has been hired by DigiDeal Corp. as vice president of sales. She previously served as vice president of sales for the U.S. and Canada for Aruze Corp. She holds a bachelor’s degree in communication studies from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
• The Idaho Recreation and Parks Association presented Doug Eastwood with its “Dr. Leon Green Fellowship Award” for his outstanding contributions to the parks and recreation profession. Eastwood is director of the Coeur d’Alene Parks Department.
• The following individuals have been named members of the Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture’s Foundation Board of Trustees: Ted Condon of America On-Site, Sue Bradley of Tinman Gallery and Linda Milsow of Spokane Preservation Advocates.
• Spokane Real Estate has hired Ryan Stoker as a broker. He previously worked for Keller Williams Real Estate.