Pullman downs WV as Cheney moves into first alone in girls soccer
Laura DeWald scored her ninth and 10th goals of the season and Dakota Wickard made two big saves on high shots as Pullman (6-3, 3-1) knocked visiting West Valley (4-2, 3-2) out of first place in the Great Northern League with a 4-1 girls soccer decision on Thursday.
Hannah Adams had one goal and two assists to guide the Greyhounds to a 3-0 start.
Also in the league, Chae Brown accounted for two assists and three second-half goals as Cheney (4-4, 4-1) moved into first place alone with a 6-1 win at Deer Park (3-5, 1-4). Alexa Shaw scored twice in the first half, the first goal on a corner kick. … Brittany Dugger scored three goals to carry East Valley (5-5, 4-2) to a 6-0 win over visiting Clarkston (2-4, 2-2).
Catie MacFarlane came out of goal to notch EV’s final score, and Shelby Bollnan, back from knee trouble, recorded her first high school goal.
Leanna Carr dished out 54 assists and Erin Little had five blocks as Colville defeated host Freeman 3-1 in a Northeast A League match featuring undefeated teams.
Jacy Vining added 12 digs for the Indians.
Maya Jansen had 11 kills and Brooke Riddle 18 assists for the Scotties.
Both teams entered 7-0 overall and 3-0 in league, with neither having dropped a game.
• Sam Hill had 30 blocks and Tiana Lee added 44 assists as North Central (3-2) won the final two games 25-22, 25-18 to take a 3-1 Greater Spokane League win over visiting Lewis and Clark (0-5). Kelsey Grimmer had a match-high 16 kills for NC. Caitlyn Hughes led LC with 21 assists. … Also in the league, Maddy Underwood totaled seven aces, six kills and four digs as first-place Mead (5-0) powered to a sweep over visiting Shadle Park. Paige Montgomery added seven kills and four blocks for the Panthers. Darby Santos led the Highlanders (2-3) with four kills, five assists and six digs. … Mikayla Ness and Sasha Montgomery had eight kills apiece and Tia Pau totaled 24 assists to lead Central Valley (4-1) to a sweep of visiting Ferris (0-5).
• Cheney (5-0) continued to set the pace in the Great Northern League as Liz Gill had 10 kills and four aces in a sweep at Deer Park. Kendall Case added 23 assists for the Blackhawks. Kimmie Brazington led the Stags (3-3) with nine kills and 18 digs. … Also in the league, Jenny Nakata accounted for 17 kills and 24 digs to guide Pullman (4-1) to a 3-2 win over visiting West Valley (2-3). Diana Logan added nine blocks and Camille Davis 53 assists for the Greyhounds. … Jamie Weisner had a match-high 15 kills to lead Clarkston (4-1) to a 3-1 win at East Valley (1-5). KC McConnell added 13 digs and Bradley Oshanasee 18 assists for the Bantams.
• First-place Post Falls (5-1) registered a sweep at Lake City in Inland Empire League 5A play.
• Hannah Neumann finished with 28 digs and Mac Jones added 43 assists as Sandpoint (2-0) held off visiting Moscow (2-1) 25-23, 23-25, 25-20, 23-25, 15-13) to take over first place alone in the IEL 4A.
• Taryn Eldore had a match-high 18 assists and Melissa Trost added six aces as visiting Priest River (3-2) posted a sweep of Bonners Ferry (0-5) in the Intermountain League. … Also in the league, Kellogg (2-2) took a 3-1 win over visiting Timberlake. Sydnie Malloy had 12 assists for the Tigers (2-3).
Graison Le scored at 10 minutes and Keegan Schilligton had the shutout as Coeur d’Alene (9-3, 3-3) completed its Inland Empire League 5A schedule with a 1-0 win over visiting Lake City (5-5, 2-2).