Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat@ spokesman.com.
• Cary Boyce has been hired as president and general manager of Spokane Public Radio. He previously served as the operations and production manager for WFIU, Indiana Public Media for the past seven years. A composer and musician, Boyce earned an Emmy Award for original music he composed for “Harp Dreams,” a 2011 PBS documentary. He is also co-founder of Aguava New Music Studio.
• The Council on Social Work Education’s Integrated Behavioral Healthcare Project selected Blake Beecher to join its national curriculum development team. Beecher is assistant professor and graduate program director for Eastern Washington University’s School of Social Work.
• Jake Anderson has been named a Licensed Professional Engineer for the state of Washington. Anderson has worked for MW Consulting Engineers since 2007.
• The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) presented Edmund Schweitzer III with its 2012 Medal in Power Engineering. Schweitzer is founder and president of Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories.
• Lisa Sunderman has been hired by Numerica Credit Union as assistant vice president of enterprise risk management in Spokane Valley. She previously served as audit and risk review director for Sterling Financial Corporation and Sterling Bank. She is a Certified Public Accountant and holds a bachelor’s degree in business management with a major in accounting from Central Washington University and a master’s degree in business administration from Gonzaga University.
• Numerica Credit Union in Spokane Valley hired Lisa Sanborn as assistant vice president of the company’s internal audit department. She has 15 years of financial industry experience and previously worked as a vice president and controller at Inland Northwest Bank. She holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Eastern Washington University and is a Certified Public Accountant.
• Wendie Ellis has been promoted by Numerica Credit Union from branch manager of the Wandermere branch to assistant vice president of the company’s branch administration department. Ellis has been with the company for 11 years.
• Anderson Mraz Design has hired Lorri Johnston as a senior designer. Johnston previously served as owner and creative director of SHFT Design.
• Dan Dieter has been promoted by Central Pre-Mix from salesman to assistant sales manager. He has been with the company since 2004. The company also promoted Trevor Baker from quality control technician to salesman. He has been with the company for seven years.
• The following individuals have been named officers and/or members of Christian Youth Theater Spokane’s (CYT-Spokane) 2012-13 Board of Directors: chairman, D.J. Schultz; vice president, Robert Queen; secretary, Linda Walsh; treasurer, Robert Fisher; artistic director, Kristine Lyons; members, John Herron, Linda Anderson, Marsha Schlangen, Ann McKay and Lisa Arsenault.
• Josh Johnson has been appointed to the Washington Newspaper Publisher Association’s board of trustees. Johnson and his wife, Kim, own Peridot Publishing LLC based in Liberty Lake. Johnson is also editor and publisher of the Splash weekly newspaper in Liberty Lake and the Current, a monthly Spokane Valley community publication.
• The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International has named Larry Soehren a 2012 BOMA Fellow. Soehren is vice president and chief operating officer of Kiemle and Hagood Company.
• Mariya Chavdar has been hired as an agent for Keller Williams Realty Spokane.
If you have been exposed to a bit too much "Spokane is practically perfect in every way" cheerleading and need a reality check, just ask someone who works in the ...
A GRIP ON SPORTS • "Big time" means a lot of things to a lot of people. To some, it has a negative connotation, as in "he big-timed me." To ...
Washington state is now so chock-full of candidates for statewide office that you may not be able to avoid stumbling over one the next time you venture into a gathering ...
You'll have to contend with Iron-type people, if you go downtown this weekend. They'll be practicing and strutting their muscular bodies on Saturday. And performing on Sunday. I'm curious what ...
sponsored Jargon is confusing, by definition. And the financial world has its own set of cryptic words.