Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat @spokesman.com.
• Jeff Johnson, C.P.A., has been named managing partner of Wipfli LLP’s Spokane office. He has been with the firm for 18 years.
• Graham Construction promoted Jeremy Carroll to district manager of commercial operations in Edmonton, Alberta. Karl Pauly has been promoted to serve in Carroll’s previous position as district manager of the company’s Spokane office.
• Carol Landa-McVicker received the 2012 Pacific Regional Trustee Leadership Award from the Association of Community College Trustees during its annual Community College Leadership Congress in Boston this month. Landa-McVicker has served on Community Colleges of Spokane’s board of trustees for the past 12 years.
• Washington Trust Bank has hired Keli Brereton as vice president, team leader and relationship manager for the company’s Wealth Management and Advisory Services group in Spokane. With more than 25 years of relevant experience, Brereton created and managed a bond trading business and previously worked for a national bank as a senior mutual fund portfolio manager.
• Rick Shipman has been hired by AmericanWest Bank as branch manager of the company’s Coeur d’Alene and Hayden locations. He previously held a similar position at another Coeur d’Alene bank and has 35 years of banking and financial service industry experience. He holds a bachelor’s degree from Pacific Christian College.
• AmericanWest Bank also hired Jennifer Walter as branch manager of the company’s Liberty Lake Branch. She previously worked for another area bank and has more than 15 years of financial services and banking experience.
• Robert Allen has been as a controller for Humanix in Spokane Valley. He previously worked for Benefits Consultants Northwest.
• The Avista Foundation donated $50,000 to Providence Sacred Heart Hospital and Children’s Hospital for the hospital’s Emergency Department expansion project.
• Cancer Care Northwest has hired Dr. Srivalli Gopaluni as a medical oncologist. Gopaluni completed her residency in internal medicine and fellowship in hematology/oncology at SUNY Upstate Medical University, as well as an internship at Gandhi Medical College in India.
• The following nonprofit organizations in Eastern Washington and North Idaho received $99,000 in grants through the Inland Northwest Community Foundation: Spokane County – Connoisseur Concerts, First Night Spokane, Spokane Civic Theatre Inc., Spokane Folklore Society, Spokane Symphony Society, Thin Air Community Radio, Transitional Programs for Women, Whitworth University, Boys and Girls Club of Spokane County, Daybreak Youth Services, Northwest Harvest, School Health Care Association of Spokane County, Spokane Parks Foundation, Women and Children’s Free Restaurant and YFA Connections; Pend Oreille County – Family Crisis Network and Cutter Theatre; Whitman County – Washington Idaho Symphony Association; Bonner County – Angels Over Sandpoint and Priest River Ministries; Kootenai County – Community Building Partners Inc., Opera Coeur d’Alene, United Way of Kootenai County and First Judicial District CASA Program; Shoshone County – Shoshone County Women’s Resource Center and Shoshone County Community Concert Association.
• Jordan Urness has been hired as an associate attorney for Paine Hamblen LLP in Spokane. He holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Trinity Western University, a master’s degree in taxation from University of Washington School of Law and a juris doctorate from Regent University of Law. He is licensed to practice in Washington state.
• Kelly Kofstad and Nate Gant have joined Keller Williams Realty Spokane. Kofstad previously worked for John L. Scott Real Estate. Gant previously worked for Windermere Manito.