That’s NEWS to You quiz
If you followed the news last week, or even if you didn’t, you could win prizes in our news quiz.
Try your hand at the newspaper version of the quiz, then go online to www.spokesman.com/newsquiz to take our interactive quiz, where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. Many people worry about violent crime in downtown Spokane. According to police, how does violent crime compare to last year?
A. It’s up 7 percent.
B. It’s up 3 percent.
C. It’s essentially the same.
D. It’s down 3 percent.
E. It’s down 7 percent.
2. Coeur d’Alene hosted the first Coeur d’SUP races, which involve
C. Hot air balloons
3. Federal prosecutors have filed fraud charges against two people involving a scheme to purchase part of what local hotel?
C. Red Lion
4. The U.S. Postal Service said it wants to raise the cost of a first-class stamp by
A. 1 cent
B. 2 cents
C. 3 cents
D. 4 cents
E. 5 cents
5. In one of the greatest comebacks in sports history, the United States won America’s Cup, a competition in what sport?
Check your work
To check your answers and last week’s winners, go to pageB3.