The Washington State Department of Transportation has closed sections of several highways in Spokane, Lincoln, Adams and Whitman County due to large amounts of water over the roadway. Several others could be closed at any time, according to the Washington State Patrol.
• Highway 231 is closed from between Sprague and Reardan.
• Highway 23 is closed between Sprague and St. John.
• There is water over Highway 23 between Sprague and Harrington, but that section of highway is still open.
• Water has undercut Highway 27 five miles south of Oakesdale. Part of the northbound lane has washed away but the highway is still open, according to WSP.
• Only one lane of Highway 25 is open for several miles north of Davenport.
• Other flooded but not closed areas include Highway 27 three miles north of Latah, Highway 231 four miles north of Reardan, Highway 272 in Colfax, Highway 21 nine miles south of Odessa and Highway 2 two miles west of Airway Heights.