Former Idaho Governor Phil Batt has come out for Raul Labrador. The reason? Walt Minnick’s deceptive ad. Batt had endorsed Vaughn Ward in the spring and had intended to stay out of this race, ”but Mr. Minnick’s dishonest attempt to warp Mr. Labrador’s views on illegal immigration have prompted me to break my silence." ... Now, this is a huge move. Batt sat out the last two elections for U.S. House, not backing Bill Sali. Batt is still a respected voice in the State and very popular, and this may be a sign that some of the Republican establishment folks who have not been on board may be getting on board. More importantly, many Independent voters who Minnick absolutely needs to win re-election will be taking what Batt says into consideration/Adam Graham, Adam's Blog. More here.
- GOP Day 2: Animal Farm meets Animal House/Dennis Mansfield
- Boise State University football/IdaBlue
- Crapo the Cranky: A Debate analysis/Kevin Richert
- Olson calls Luna education's 'man behind the curtain/Kevin Richert
- Tamarack Ski Resort: Down to the last out/The Johnson Report
Question: Let me ask again: Did Minnick hurt himself with his controversial first immigration ad -- or are Republicans spinning the fall-out?