Zamboni John Scannell filed for his third run at a Washington Supreme Court seat. Unlike the first two times, however, he's not going to be on the ballot.
This blog is intended to provide a forum for parents to share knowledge and resources. It's a place for parents young...
The latest news, reviews and commentary about cars, trucks, and more, automotive technology and car culture
- 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited: There’s only one way to order your Wrangler — rough and ready
- TPMS issues endure
- 2020 Nissan Versa: Subcompact sedan swaps cheapest-car title for big-league updates
- Winter driving adjustments
- 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid: All-new plug-in hybrid deepens the little hatchback’s appeal
- Here comes winter
Updates on major breaking news stories in the Inland Northwest.
Thoughts and ruminations from S-R columnist Doug Clark
Spokesman-Review features writer Rebecca Nappi, along with writer Catherine Johnston of Olympia, Wash., discuss here ...
From the cafeteria to the lecture hall, news and notes on education
News, happenings and more from the Idaho Legislature and the state capital.
- Keeping an eye on it…
- When political debates also include comic relief…
- Candidates flock to race for open Idaho congressional seat; link to my full story
- Judge rules former Rep. Kathy Sims should stay on ballot
- Crapo campaign used D.C. condo 81 times at no cost
- ISU loses track of dab of radioactive, weapons-grade plutonium, faces federal fine
Fairchild Air Force Base supplies 80 percent of the military aircraft and flight crews operating out of Manas Transit...
News and commentary about transportation in Spokane, the Inland Northwest and beyond.
Enjoy the ongoing adventures of Leslie Kelly and John Nelson as they experience all the cool things the West has to o...
- Photos: Best of Yosemite
- Plenty of factors involved in picking public, private RV campgrounds
- RV Cooking: Stocking the pantry at Trader Joe’s
- RV Park Review: Yosemite Ridge is nice - but it’s not Yosemite
- Why ‘rolling with it’ is often the smartest strategy for travelers
- Photos: Best of the Northern California coast
Pia Hallenberg covers everything going on in the Hillyard neighborhood.
Cheryl-Anne Millsap's Home Planet column appears each week in the Wednesday "Pinch" supplement. Cheryl-Anne is a regu...
- Travel: Cross the Atlantic in style on the Queen Mary 2
- Travel: Celebrate Special Moments on the Rhine with AmaWaterways
- Travel: Kansas City’s National WWI Museum and Memorial
- Travel: Take a Trip to Pennsylvania’s Laurel Highlands
- Travel: Vintage Shopping in Music City
- Travel: Reconnect with Family on a Cruise to Alaska
D.F. Oliveria started Huckleberries Online on Feb. 16, 2004. Oliveria's Sunday print Huckleberries is a past winner o...
Motorsports correspondent Doug Pace keeps up with motorsports news and notes from around the region.
- NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series Winners Crowned In Cleveland
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wins NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coke Zero 400
- Donny Schatz Outduels the Competition for World of Outlaws Boot Hill Showdown Win
- Austin Dillon Wins NASCAR XFINITY Series Subway Firecracker 250
- Jason Sides Scores World of Outlaws Boot Hill Showdown Win
- Pollard Tops Evans At Evergreen Speedway’s Summer Showdown
Welcome to The Spokesman-Review’s blog for data about Spokane, North Idaho and the surrounding communities. Some o...
- Road signs: What license plate trends can tell you about Washington State
- Know Spokane map: special license plates in Washington
- Spokane’s lingering taste for ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ is best served online
- Surprisingly popular books and where to find them (hint: the library)
- Know Spokane data repository
- Craft Beer Week: Spokane’s local breweries hit their stride
A Matter of Opinion is really a matter of three opinions – those held by the people responsible for the opinion pages...
The Spokesman-Review business team follows economic development in Spokane and the Inland Northwest.
- Snoop effect? Local pot shop sees sales jump after rapper’s visit
- Massive harvest, sales mark October marijuana market 2
- ‘Greenlight’ regains top marijuana sales spot in September 1
- Pot sales continue surge in August 3
- Spokane area unemployment up slightly for July
- Liquor and Cannabis Board changes marijuana numbers 3
A one-stop resource for all things beer, both local and beyond
Rich Landers writes and photographs stories and columns for a wide range of outdoors coverage, including Outdoors fea...
- Rich Landers’ Outdoors Blog evolves; S-R’s Eli Francovich takes over 3
- It’s a record! Surge of bald eagles flocks to Lake Coeur d’Alene
- Wildlife recreation grant proposals screened by volunteers
- Powder lists Spokane as ‘Next American Ski Town’ because it’s affordable 2
- Snowy owl brightens Lincoln County landscape
- Colville Forest reopens Sullivan Creek Road closed by wild fires
Photo blog of The Spokesman-Review's award winning photojournalists
- Catching up with Then and Now
- Patriotic tears fall as American flag is raised
- S-R Archive find of the day: 1941 Sturgeon
- S-R Archive find of the day: Spokane’s first “Big” Memorial Day Parade in 1884 1
- S-R Archive find of the day: 1942 Memorial Day Parade 1
- S-R Archive find of the day: 1965 Memorial Day 1
Public safety news from the Inland Northwest and beyond.
- No, a Spokane woman did not have her hijab ripped off after the election 7
- ‘Dateline’ tackles the James Henrikson case; here’s a companion reader 1
- Internal investigation of Sgt. John Gately goes to administrative review panel 7
- SPD Chief Craig Meidl’s full answer about the Karl Thompson salute 15
- Why isn’t Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich on a panel interviewing Spokane police chief finalists? 3
- Blame the heat? Police say swimmers broke into apartment, assaulted tenants 4
Pia Hallenberg covers everything going on in the South Perry neighborhood, where she lives.
The Spokesman-Review's political team keeps a critical eye on local, state and national politics.
- For those watching out for Santa, NORAD knows where he is
- Ruling puts ‘Zamboni’ John’s Supreme Court campaign on ice
- For candidates seeking advice, here’s ours for the upcoming campaign
- 2 Dozen kids killed with a knife in Norway? No way.
- Sunday Spin 2: Is social media the new “town square”?
- Senator takes issue with new “no guns in the gallery” rule
Movies, dining and things to do / Spokane and North Idaho
- Enter to win tickets to “Waitress”
- Now Streaming: Is “Mrs. Maisel” Marvelous?
- Friday’s openings: The plots thicken
- No, 5 Seconds of Summer hasn’t been banned
- Indie rock showcase Bartfest canceled
- Friday’s openings: Cats and dogs, heroes and villains
- Dawes performs for an appreciative crowd in Liberty Lake 1
News and events in the greater Spokane Valley area.
- Spokane Valley snow plowing under way
- Spokane Valley City Council adds to agenda for election night meeting 2
- Library District “de-annexation” on Spokane Valley agenda
- Ads questioning Spokane Valley City Council keep popping up 5
- Spokane Valley road construction
- Trans Pacific Partnership hearing at Spokane Valley City Council 1
SportsLink is your portal into sports news around the Inland Northwest and beyond. You'll find updates, notes and opi...
- WHL Bantam Draft chat (Thursday, May 4)
- James Williams hoping for another big day in Spokane
- Luke Falk says Easop Winston’s hands are “the best I’ve ever seen”
- Grant Porter talks about switching positions
- Alex Grinch on WSU scrimmage: A million mistakes and a million opportunities
- Mike Leach sees more consistency in Cougars scrimmage
The online source for news and commentary about the arts, culture and books in the Inland Northwest.
The online home for Paul Turner's musings and interactions with disciples of The Slice.
Cooking inspirations, favorite recipes, restaurant finds and other musings from the local food world and beyond.
Cheryl-Anne Millsap writes about antiques and collectibles and the love of all things vintage. Millsap's Home Planet ...