WINTER SPORTS -- Gather your skis, skins and headlamp for and evening of food, climbing and downhilling under the stars at Mount Spokane on Jan. 24.
Mountain Gear is sponsoring Nachtspektakel (pronounced knocked-shpeck-tockle
Pre-registered skiers will:
- Sign in at Mt. Spokane Ski and Snowboard Park's Lodge 2 by 5:45 p.m.
- The group skins up and begins the uphill tour at 6.
- At the summit, they'll enjoy drinks and appetizers at the historic Mount Spokane Vista House.
- Everyone enjoys the downhill run under the resort's lighted slopes back to the base of the mountain by 9 p.m.
- Enjoy drinks and dinner at Lodge 2 with Mountain Gear hosts.
Click "continue reading" for more details and link for pre-registration.
Pre-registration required, by stopping in at Mountain Gear's Retail Store, 2002 N. Division St., 325-9000, or sign up on the store's Facebook page.
• Friday 1/24/14
• Welcoming Check-in/waiver opens at 4pm at Mt Spokane Lodge 2
• You “MUST” check-in by 5:45 p.m.
• Group Meeting 5:50 p.m. front of lodge 2, skins on ready to go
• Group departure from Lodge 2 at 6 p.m. “SHARP”
• Drinks and horderves (tapas, appetizers) at the Historic Mt Spokane Vista House
• Return to Lodge 2 by 9 p.m. under the lights of Mt Spokane Ski Area
• A Nachtspektakel (say-knocked-shpeck-tockle
• A cultural norm in Europe, “Night Spectaculars” are gatherings that combine skiing, beer and food that are sure to catch on in the States. There is no better way to spend Friday night than skinning, drinking, eating, and meeting like-minded friends at Mt Spokane!
• 1600’ skin up Mt Spokane from Lodge 2 to the Vista House with drinks, friends and cheer.
Come appropriately dressed with complete uphill gear, skis, skins, boots, poles and MOST IMPORTANTLY A HEADLAMP. Bring warm clothes and perhaps a change of clothes for drinks/dinner back at Lodge 2.
- A event employee (Mountain Gear or Mt Spokane) will securely monitor equipment left in lodge 2 during the event.
- Beacons, shovels, probes not required.
- Equipment Rentals are limited in available quantity at the Mountain Gear Retail store prior to the event.(no event discount.
Anyone with an interest in skiing uphill and celebrating winter and ski culture in the Inland Northwest.
Mt. Spokane Ski Area. Depart from Lodge 2 at 6 p.m. “SHARP”, traverse across the mountain to B29, Ascend the outer perimeter of the ski area to the summit followed by drinks and food in the Vista Hut. After the evening on the top of the mountain ski back down through the lit ski area to Lodge 2 by 9 p.m.
Phil: 340-1151. 755-1834..