Here are five tips for near perfect grilling:
1. To keep food from drying and sticking to the grill, lightly coat the rack with cooking oil spray before heating it.
2. Leave the food alone. Don’t move it around the grill, turning constantly. Be patient; let the grill do the work.
3. Don’t use a fork to turn the meat; the juices will run out. Use tongs or a spatula.
4. When using a lid, don’t peek. Opening the lid lowers the temperature and lengthens the cooking time.
5. Substitute flavor for fat with dry rubs and marinades.
Subscribe to the Spokane7 email newsletter
Get the day’s top entertainment headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.